“Great place to stay while travelling on the !5”

Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
GreenLeadersGold level
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“Great place to stay while travelling on the !5”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I found this place on my phone driving south at night on the I 5. The rooms are very big, well lit, clean and quiet with very big windows that open all the way. Wi-fi was not good at all. Maybe a room closer to the lobby would work better but it was frustrating to say the least. The restaurant is excellent for breakfast and even a tofu scramble which was awesome for this vegetarian after eating highway food all day! The price for the hotel and food were great and I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the internet connection not working in your room during your stay. I would also like to assure you that this problem has been corrected, and the entire property has new upgraded internet connections. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We were doing a long road trip from Los Angeles to Portland and decided to stop halfway for an overnight rest. This hotel is awesome! Beautiful room and grounds, eco friendly, most comfortable beds and pillows and just perfect all around.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We as a team strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is close to my home town of Redding, CA, but since I've fairly recently relocated to Arizona, I needed a place to stay (I sold my home in CA before the move) when I return for family visits. I have stayed here approximately 3 times over the past few years, and I have always found it to be clean, QUIET, and very restful. The beds and linens are of excellent quality, and there never seems to be a problem with loud or rowdy guests. The views from the back of the hotel are the Sacramento River and a walking trail nearby. Even though it is only a short distance from busy I-5, the sound does not travel to the rooms. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating, and the restaurant there is wonderful. It's a place the locals go to for 'special' occasion dinners, and the food is deliciously prepared. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and their recent sale and change of ownership should not diminish the excellence. As a side note, there is a large pond with a fountain in the middle of the courtyard, and a family of white swans lives there. I have been fortunate to see them when the 'babies' are still downy and cute!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on your recent stay here! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is located in a small city, wedged between I5 and the Sacramento River, so you'd hardly know it's there. But it's very clean, very comfortable (great bed), environmentally correct, and has a very good (if slow) restaurant attached to it. It has a unique, circular design so that the rooms are wedge-shaped, which makes the front of the room narrow, but the back of the room (where the beds are) quite roomy and wide. The landscaping is all drought-resistant and well maintained. The buildings are newer (3 years old), and well maintained. It's also a very good value, and has a nice pool and spa. Some sort of credit or discount at the attached restaurant for breakfast would be a nice touch. I'd definitely go back when traveling through this neck of the woods.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time for posting a review on your recent stay here. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Its a good place located about 10 miles from redding. Rooms are very nice and great for the price. Overall a great place to stay, but its strange that despite an in house restaurant they dont have in room dining option

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time for posting a review on your recent stay here. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your suggestions onto the restaurant. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our reurtn to San francisco from central Oregon. Drove past it the first time listening to the GPS as from the road it looked like an industrial complex or office complex. We were very pleasently supprised when we checked in. The front desk staff was very nice, thr room was ready. This hotel consists of several buildings that are not connected, the main buildings are each two story and circular in nature. We opped for the upgrade to a room that over looked the central bond complex. As the temperature was around 104F when we arrived we headed to the pool. The pool was clean and had pleanty of towels. The water was a nice temperature. There is a resturant attached, which we chose to use after driving most of the afternoon. The food was good, and the price was reasonable. Have the local wine, it was extremely inexpensive, and very good. The room was very large and comfortable. Could have used another chair in the sitting area. Would definately stay again if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to look at the pond/water feature, or else you are looking at the highway and parking...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post such a review on your visit. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We had a bad experience checking in, AC stopped working middle of night. Front office is not helpful. They are polite but not helpful.

Fitness center has only 2 machines which work.

If you are looking at a place to stay on the way not a bad property but do not expect anything more than a motel.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We are always appreciative of feedback from our guests and the opportunity to make improvements. I would like to apologize for the air conditioning unit not working in your room. We were able to get this fixed so that this does not happen to another guest. I will address your concerns with the Guest Services department to ensure that these types of situations are handled differently in the future. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Hilton Garden Inn Redding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,258 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding
Baymont Inn & Suites Anderson
Best Western Plus Hilltop Inn

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!