Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travelers Motel(Cottonwood)
View Hotel
All reviewswoodside grillsacramento rivereco friendly hotelhidden gemredding areasliding glasson site restaurantsecond floorfitness centercomfortable roomsroad tripwe've stayedroom was largelong drivefridge and microwaveboth timesvisit family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I found this place on my phone driving south at night on the I 5. The rooms are very big, well lit, clean and quiet with very big windows that open all the way. Wi-fi was not good at all. Maybe a room closer to the lobby would work better but it was frustrating to say the least. The restaurant is excellent for breakfast and even a tofu scramble which was awesome for this vegetarian after eating highway food all day! The price for the hotel and food were great and I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the internet connection not working in your room during your stay. I would also like to assure you that this problem has been corrected, and the entire property has new upgraded internet connections. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We were doing a long road trip from Los Angeles to Portland and decided to stop halfway for an overnight rest. This hotel is awesome! Beautiful room and grounds, eco friendly, most comfortable beds and pillows and just perfect all around.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We as a team strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is close to my home town of Redding, CA, but since I've fairly recently relocated to Arizona, I needed a place to stay (I sold my home in CA before the move) when I return for family visits. I have stayed here approximately 3 times over the past few years, and I have always found it to be clean, QUIET, and very restful. The beds and linens are of excellent quality, and there never seems to be a problem with loud or rowdy guests. The views from the back of the hotel are the Sacramento River and a walking trail nearby. Even though it is only a short distance from busy I-5, the sound does not travel to the rooms. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating, and the restaurant there is wonderful. It's a place the locals go to for 'special' occasion dinners, and the food is deliciously prepared. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and their recent sale and change of ownership should not diminish the excellence. As a side note, there is a large pond with a fountain in the middle of the courtyard, and a family of white swans lives there. I have been fortunate to see them when the 'babies' are still downy and cute!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on your recent stay here! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is located in a small city, wedged between I5 and the Sacramento River, so you'd hardly know it's there. But it's very clean, very comfortable (great bed), environmentally correct, and has a very good (if slow) restaurant attached to it. It has a unique, circular design so that the rooms are wedge-shaped, which makes the front of the room narrow, but the back of the room (where the beds are) quite roomy and wide. The landscaping is all drought-resistant and well maintained. The buildings are newer (3 years old), and well maintained. It's also a very good value, and has a nice pool and spa. Some sort of credit or discount at the attached restaurant for breakfast would be a nice touch. I'd definitely go back when traveling through this neck of the woods.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time for posting a review on your recent stay here. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Its a good place located about 10 miles from redding. Rooms are very nice and great for the price. Overall a great place to stay, but its strange that despite an in house restaurant they dont have in room dining option

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time for posting a review on your recent stay here. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your suggestions onto the restaurant. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!