Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Motel 6 Anderson- Redding Airport(Anderson)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$91
US$100
Travelers Motel(Cottonwood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswoodside grillsacramento rivereco friendly hotelhidden gemredding areasliding glasson site restaurantsecond floorfitness centercomfortable roomsroad tripwe've stayedroom was largelong drivefridge and microwaveboth timesvisit family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Gaia Hotel on our way through N California. I decided on the hotel only because Anderson was as far as I wanted to drive that day and it was a 3 Star Facility which usually means at least a good mattress. We were more than pleased by our accommodations. This Hotel is very unique in that the buildings are essentially round and have court yards in the middle of each building. The rooms were more than spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the sheets were as soft as I've ever felt in a 3 star hotel. It has easy access from I-5 and yet very quiet. The trees around the hotel provided nice shade and muffled any noise from the freeway. We only stayed one night, so we didn't get a chance to enjoy any amenities, but the stay was restful and well priced. I rate this as a 4 only because it is an older hotel, but it is nicely maintained and updated. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sita N, General Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our property. We are so ecstatic you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is neat... mostly. But first observation at this point of time - it doesn't look anything like the photos (maybe because of the drought due to which there is no water in the front or near the rooms).

I was given a warm welcome and was told that I had "luckily" won an upgrade to a room at the very back of the property with more space. But turned out that being so away and its backyard towards the river wilderness, the backyard was full of insects that I couldn't go out - once when my son wanted to go to see the fireworks, there was rather big, hairy spider right next to his feet - and he ran back in.

The room was spacious and that's the only thing about it. Lots of dead insects in the room on the carpet - tells me that the vacuum was not well done since its peak summer and there would be this problem.

Bathroom has such low lighting that the shower area is really dark. Checkin/out was smooth though.

Room Tip: Stick to the rooms in the main circular buildings, don't take the rooms all the way at the back. The circular building ground floor rooms can be beautiful if the water is in the backyard small pools.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sita N, General Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding you recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I do want to let you know we are in the process of a renovation. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I spent one night in this hotel on a road trip and found it to be one of the best I have ever used.

The room was huge with lots of space, a large bathroom and a lanai right outside the sliding door.

Totally comfortable and a reasonable rate

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Sita N, General Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments on to my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Gaia Hotel, located in Anderson Ca. has great potential. When looking at the website they have beautiful grounds, clean rooms, and a nice restaurant. Our first impression was the restaurant and lobby because we arrived early in the day. The restaurant- while having friendly service and good food- was overwhelmed with flies. The service was slow and at times nonexistent. The lobby was clean and inviting, overlooking one of the many courtyards on the property. The staff was friendly and upon finding that the room we were to have, had been trashed by a previous guest, they made sure to give us an upgrade.
The room was terribly dirty, with dirty carpets that were easily cleaned with water and a towel. One of the beds looked like it had been laid on (more on this). As you can see by the pictures the grounds have not been kept up. We had weeds on our deck, and a hornets nest in between the sliding door and the screen so that we couldn’t even use the patio.
After being in the room for 15 mins we decided that we did not want to stay there and called Priceline to fix the issues.
A Head Housekeeper came into look at the room and figure out what happened. She said that they only get 15 mins to clean each room, with a supervisor sticking their head in to double check. And because the dirt was between the beds it was never seen from the door. The hotel itself has recently been bought by new owners and they are trying to bring it back to the way it looked on the website. She informed us that they are a “Green” hotel and that they try to conserve everything they can. So if a room looks like only one bed was used- they double check the sheets and remake the bed without changing any of the linens.
As we walked the grounds that evening- we found where our original room would have been and what our “view” would have been- the parking lot!- glad we got the upgrade to look across at our neighbors and a side view of the pond. LOL.
One we got past the initial shock and looked around at our room and the grounds we found that it is a place we would return to. There are no single use bath supplies; instead there are dispensers to use so that garbage is not being produced with each visit. There was a sky light in the bathroom, reducing the need to turn on the lights. The large sliding window paired with the main window stopped the need for lights except after dark. All products and beds were high end earth friendly products that anyone will feel comfortable using. The beds were very comfortable and the pool was clean and easy to access.
They have an area that they have kept up the grounds on – this can be used for weddings and such. We walked down there and felt very relaxed. We even tried to come up with a family reunion plan so that we could rent the area.
By the second night, they had removed the wasp nest so that we could enjoy the small deck. We took our tea outside excited to sit in the cool evening air and enjoy the outdoors. We weren’t out there for 5 mins before we smelled something dead. Now because of the waist high weeds and plants 5 feet away, we thought maybe something had died and had not been discovered. So we looked around and found nothing. That was when I noticed one of those “rats check in – but don’t check out” boxes right next to our door!!! Gross!!! So the outside seating area was a bust…
Gaia has a long way to go to make the guest happy again, but I think they will get there. My chief complaint was that their website and Priceline’s link showed an immaculate property that anyone would think was a great deal at $100.00 a night. To me, that is false advertising.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nank1971
Sita N, General Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with my entire management team so we can correct the issues you came about during your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is our third stay here this year and we seem to enjoy it more each time. We were here for 5 nights on a business trip. The room has everything we need. We always ask for a room on the ground floor so we can sit right outside our room and enjoy the beautiful setting. The beds are so comfortable and we always sleep so good here. This is one of our favorite hotels to stay at and will always stay here when we are in the area. The staff is very nice and always helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lori K
Sita N, General Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.