“Great food, consistently bad service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Clarizio's Antipasti and Deli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
“Great food, consistently bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

The great food at this place is what brings me back, but the service is always terrible. I don't mind if you forget my bread, but when I remind you, don't lie and say that's not what the menu reads. We quit going to this place on our lunch hour because the service is just too slow. I talked my husband into giving it another try, but when we got there 90 minutes before closing, we were told they weren't taking any more customers for the night.

Visited July 2013

Anderson, California
“Wow! Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

One of two amazing restaurants in Anderson, Carizio's food won't disappoint! Don't go if you are in a hurry though. This is a relaxed, enjoy-the-company kind of place. Clean and tastefully decorated, the restaurant is very comfortable and a great date spot. The food is fresh and very impressive! We had the shrimp salad (gluten-free), the Hit Man (makes you sweat) and the Godfather. My husband brought his friend here for lunch too because it was so good. I hope this restaurant will stick around, it truly is a gem!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Northern California
“Great local Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

We've gone here many times; it's our go-to Italian place. It's a small restaurant on a side street, that seats about 30 or so. The chef and his wife run the place, producing a small menu of excellant foods. The wine list is varied, and the veal piccata is to die for. Reservations are recommended.

los angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Pass Up this Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I was recently on my way to Eugene, Oregon and spent the night in Anderson, CA (about 10 miles south of Redding). The motel manager told me about this restaurant. I was the first customer for the evening, but it quickly filled up. The staff were so friendly and delightful. Recommended the lasagna...it was fabulous...melts in your mouth....not heavy...not greasy. Unfortunately I didn't have room for dessert, but so other diners ordering tirmisu that looked devine. Prices were a little high for the area, but coming from L.A., I felt they were reasonable.

Big Flat, CA
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Clarizio's is a well worth the drive if you don't live in Anderson! The staff is so pleasant, and the food is very, very good. The atmosphere inside the restaurant takes you to a place of tranquility. The owner's draw from a lineage of Italian deli background, and the passion they have for their food shows in everything they do. The last salad we had was amazing, and they have the best meatball sandwich! Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012