“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
Hong Kong, China
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

After a full day of driving, it was delightful to be greeted by Matt at the front desk. Check in was quick and easy. His dog is in the lobby slideshow - giving a very homely feel.

I was initially concerned about the area as most things were shut down for the new year. Matt gave me a room close to the front office and even gave me tips on where to park (so my car would be in the CCTV view).

The room was clean and surprisingly quiet considering it was just next to the highway.

In the morning, there was a three man crew painting the railings. The crew was chatty and very polite. Wonderful way to start the day!

Thank you!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jess-the-American

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Woodland Hills, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We simply needed a comfortable bed overnight, en route between Los Angeles and Coos Bay in Oregon and as J. said "Why pay for facilities and comforts that we don't need and won't use?" so we tried The Anderson Motel 6 and was pleasantly surprised. It has free internet, which is a "must" for me and was rather stark although very clean. It's true that I would have preferred better pillows and the towels were thin and small but we'd brought along our own pillows anyway and only needed the towels for a morning shower. Laminate floors are ugly but easy to keep clean and as long as the fittings all work properly, which they did, who cares that the walls are unadorned bleak white plasterboard. We both slept well and will repeat this overnight experience on our next trip. Give it a try.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Howard C
Carlotta, California
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The worst, absolute WORST experience I have ever had at a Motel 6! Went over to Redding for a memorial service and originally had booked at a property in Redding but had last minute pet sitter issues and needed a place that would accept a dog that I had to bring along. The reviews seemed like this was a good bet for the price and there was availability. Checked in, and inspected the room briefly and it seemed fine. Dropped my luggage and left to meet with friends and family for dinner. When I returned to my room to get comfortable is when it got really UNCOMFORTABLE. I never use the quilts on hotel beds and when I removed mine I discovered the bed was sitting on 2x4's nailed together! First strike. On closer inspection, I found some red goo splattered on a wall, mold along the bathtub, and more than a few hairs in the bathtub/shower. The mattress under the sheets looked like it had been picked up out of some alley. I was NOT EVEN going to stay in this room!! I frantically got on the phone and after many calls was fortunate to find another room in Redding (due to a cancellation) that was pet friendly. I was scheduled to stay at this Motel 6 for two nights and they did refund my prepaid second night because technically I had been in the room for some time even though I wasnt at all, and they would not refund the first 'night'. Fine I guess I can understand, but not even an offer of a discount for the inconvenience? I FINALLY got settled in a CLEAN room in Redding at 1:30 A.M. who graciously gave me a deep discount because of the late check in and it was still well worth the $90 I spent on it.
Contrary to other reviews, these are NOT hardwood floors. Its not even good laminate. Its called linoleum folks! I would NEVER EVER consider staying at this property again and would NEVER EVER recommend it to anyone! The staff was very friendly, but sorry, I would happily endure rude staff for cleanliness! This room was beyond the pale of travel. Please check my pics!! Could have taken more but I was more concerned with last minute RELOCATION!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Oceanguy C
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We have stayed here a couple times with our pets in the last few months while traveling between California and Oregon. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The staff is very friendly and the check in and check out process are always efficient. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Irvine, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed in this Motel 6 few days back when we were going to Lessen Volcanic National Park. We really like this Motel 6. The room (two queen bed) was huge (really huge) and clean with wood floor (or lamination). Bathroom and sink was also clean. Everything was in good working condition. Beds were clean and comfortable. Location of this Motel 6 is also good. This is near to I-5 (but our room was quite). We love this motel 6 in the small cute town Anderson. They provide coffee in the morning,no breakfast, but they also provide 10-20% discounts for some nearby restaurants.
Overall, we can stay again if we come to this town. Nice experience and we had a great comfortable sleep in this Motel 6.

Room Tip: I choose top floor room to avoid noise when people walk in there room if you stay in lower/ground fl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Redding, California
Reviewed 24 August 2013

the room was exceptionally clean and fresh smelling. my accomodations were spacious and comfortable. the bed n pillows were fluffy and comfortable. the service was awesome. cynthia was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. after many stressful days on the road it was nice to be treated with such courtesy and respect...

Room Tip: try to check in during cynthias shift. she is very, polite, and helpful, and can help with any quest...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Strasburg, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our room was freshly painted. The sink and counter area was new. The lamps had electrical outlets so it wasn't necessary to climb around on the floor or move furniture to plug in your telephone chargers, computers, etc. There was no hair dryer.

The mattress was not very comfortable and the pillows flat as pancakes. We would not stay for more than one night as back aches are a problem for us. New bedding would let me give a higher rating.

The staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Baymont Inn & Suites Redding
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 16 in Red Bluff

Been to Motel 6 Anderson- Redding Airport? Share your experiences!