“Nice rooms and friendly staff”

Motel 6 Anderson- Redding Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at this Motel 6 in Anderson, CA many times. Yes the floors are laminate but they are clean! The staff is always courteous and helpful when asking questions of the area. My business brings me the the Anderson area every month and this is much better than in Redding. The security is outstanding and being that I travel alone at times this is a big factor for me. The only thing I would like to see in the future is a swimming pool. (you know after a long day it's nice to cool off)

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs if you are concerned about above room noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laraine R

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I arrived here March 3.
The service is very good this Motel 6 is one of the best that I have stayed in.
They are close to the freeway And there are plenty of restaurence next to them.
You will be very surprised.
Cameron

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank cameronj86
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The people working here in morning and at night were helpful and friendly! The deserve far more than just two stars! I repeat, the staff was great!
The room was odd, huge and newly "renovated" with some modern touches that you would not expect in a motel 6. The problem was that the room my family received was right below a budding musician, used loosely, who seemed intent on turning the water off and on to some archaic rhythm. He occasionally rapped a song along with the waterworks. That went on until 3am when I banged on the ceiling. With more sound thinking, I would have complained or even moved rooms. But it is hard to think straight at that time of day and with so much bad avant grade water music. He also had a dog in the room and the tip tap of the beast on the "wood" floors was jarring. The other complaint is the heater. It cycled on and off and was so loud and squeaky that it would have been a rough sleep even without the loud neighbor above.

Room Tip: stay upstairs...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett S
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

After a full day of driving, it was delightful to be greeted by Matt at the front desk. Check in was quick and easy. His dog is in the lobby slideshow - giving a very homely feel.

I was initially concerned about the area as most things were shut down for the new year. Matt gave me a room close to the front office and even gave me tips on where to park (so my car would be in the CCTV view).

The room was clean and surprisingly quiet considering it was just next to the highway.

In the morning, there was a three man crew painting the railings. The crew was chatty and very polite. Wonderful way to start the day!

Thank you!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jess-the-American
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We simply needed a comfortable bed overnight, en route between Los Angeles and Coos Bay in Oregon and as J. said "Why pay for facilities and comforts that we don't need and won't use?" so we tried The Anderson Motel 6 and was pleasantly surprised. It has free internet, which is a "must" for me and was rather stark although very clean. It's true that I would have preferred better pillows and the towels were thin and small but we'd brought along our own pillows anyway and only needed the towels for a morning shower. Laminate floors are ugly but easy to keep clean and as long as the fittings all work properly, which they did, who cares that the walls are unadorned bleak white plasterboard. We both slept well and will repeat this overnight experience on our next trip. Give it a try.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Howard C
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The worst, absolute WORST experience I have ever had at a Motel 6! Went over to Redding for a memorial service and originally had booked at a property in Redding but had last minute pet sitter issues and needed a place that would accept a dog that I had to bring along. The reviews seemed like this was a good bet for the price and there was availability. Checked in, and inspected the room briefly and it seemed fine. Dropped my luggage and left to meet with friends and family for dinner. When I returned to my room to get comfortable is when it got really UNCOMFORTABLE. I never use the quilts on hotel beds and when I removed mine I discovered the bed was sitting on 2x4's nailed together! First strike. On closer inspection, I found some red goo splattered on a wall, mold along the bathtub, and more than a few hairs in the bathtub/shower. The mattress under the sheets looked like it had been picked up out of some alley. I was NOT EVEN going to stay in this room!! I frantically got on the phone and after many calls was fortunate to find another room in Redding (due to a cancellation) that was pet friendly. I was scheduled to stay at this Motel 6 for two nights and they did refund my prepaid second night because technically I had been in the room for some time even though I wasnt at all, and they would not refund the first 'night'. Fine I guess I can understand, but not even an offer of a discount for the inconvenience? I FINALLY got settled in a CLEAN room in Redding at 1:30 A.M. who graciously gave me a deep discount because of the late check in and it was still well worth the $90 I spent on it.
Contrary to other reviews, these are NOT hardwood floors. Its not even good laminate. Its called linoleum folks! I would NEVER EVER consider staying at this property again and would NEVER EVER recommend it to anyone! The staff was very friendly, but sorry, I would happily endure rude staff for cleanliness! This room was beyond the pale of travel. Please check my pics!! Could have taken more but I was more concerned with last minute RELOCATION!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Oceanguy C
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We have stayed here a couple times with our pets in the last few months while traveling between California and Oregon. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The staff is very friendly and the check in and check out process are always efficient. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family