“Very cheap environment”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Paso Robles, California
“Very cheap environment”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Best of anything it's not..stay only if
You're too tired to drive a half hour in either direction for more choices. The
Room was next door to the freeway/
Vending machine/restaurant view outside
The window 5 feet with cardboard boxes
Piled in a heap on a dirt path. Paper
Wrappers were strewn about this very
Unattractive location in the middle of a
Low class strip mall. There were no
Decent places for dinner and the free
Breakfast was unattended w/guests
Putting their hands into the loaves of
Bread.. Yuk! Juice and coffee is all we
Dared to accept free! The 40 inch?
Tv had no signal. Best Western Plus
Is definite a Minus.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Susanville, California
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The so called manager who seemed more like an 18yr old chick with no education warned my family that we were getting complaints on either side of our room that our son was "laughing too loud". My son is a good kid. We dont let him run wild, his dad tickled him and he laughed and the people on either side of us who had dogs barking were complaining?? When we said well we apologize but what about the dogs barking on either side and this "manager" said if we didnt ike it we could check out. SERIOUSLY?! Then she refused to refund my money saying we caused immense amount of problems. My fiance is ex military and I work for a govt. agency. I have never been treated so poorly for no reason.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank JesicaM124
Turlock, California
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed one night while in town. The room was very clean and tidy. The room(s) appeared to have been updated recently and everything was nice. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful upon my late arrival. During my visit to Anderson, the weather was exceptionally hot and I was grateful to be able to return to my room at the hotel and enoy the air conditioning!

I will definately stay here again on my next visit to Anderson.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christina C
Anderson, California, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

After Our fire loss, my 13 member family stayed at this hotel. We reported everything wrong with the rooms as the problems came up. After we checked out (1 week stay) the hotel mamanger charged us 250 dollars for a cabinet we already reported broken to house keeping. At the time of check in, the staff assured us there will not be any charged without authorization. They didnt even call me to let me know that there were charging 250 dollars! The mamager refused to refund the amount, even though we had proof of telling house keeping as soon as we knew it was broken. AND they did this after my family's house burnt down. Do not recomend to anyone.

2 Thank Elena S
Fortuna, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My family had a mimi reunion and had 4 rooms for a two day stay. We were all impressed by the rooms. They were clean and nicely furnished. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than a lot that I have had. The breakfast room is a little small and can get crowded, but there are nice little tables in the hotel rooms so we ate there. The location is great with lots close by. We will definatly stay here again and will reccomend to friends.

1 Thank Keri A
Philomath, Oregon
Reviewed 25 June 2012

LOVED staying here. The staff was so nice and the rooms were spacious and CLEAN! Breakfast was fantastic. Would definitely recommend staying here!

2 Thank Thowie
Napa, California
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Don't let the newly renovated rooms fool you, this place is disgusting! We booked a room with two queen beds, was a little worried when we pulled up as this is not the kind of place we normally stay at, but booked it on recommendations of a family member who lives in the area. Walked in our room and was pleasantly surprised, the room was very nice. Took the kids down to the pool which would have been okay if there wasn't empty beer bottles all over the place, nevertheless the kids had a good time playing. When it was time for bed I pulled down the sheets on one of the beds and noticed something on the inside of the top sheet, upon further inspection I realized it was dried SNOT! I then notice little black BUGS crawling around all over the sheets! I yell at my daughter who had already got under the sheets in the other bed to get up and when she does I see BUGS crawling around on that bed as well AND when it couldn't get any more DISGUSTING....it does!!! Not only was there BUGS in the other bed as well, but there was dried BLOOD too!!! So, I have SNOT and BED BUGS in one bed and BLOOD and BED BUGS in the other bed!!! Needless to say I was beyond disgusted and beyond furious! When I called down to the front desk to speak with the sorry excuse for a manager she didn't seemed surprised by the things I was telling her, as if this was something she hears all the time. She offered to come change the sheets, when I not so politely declined her feeble attempt to rectify the matter she then offered to call Motel 6 to see if they had a room for us....are you kidding me!!! Honestly, at that moment there was nothing she could have done to make it right but her nonchalant attitude and her "offers" were offensive and only making the situation worse. When I told her I wanted a refund, I was told she could not give me a refund because I booked through an online travel website and would need to contact the website for reimbursement. After contacting the online travel website I was given a full refund but it took almost 2 weeks, but the entire ordeal was disgusting and traumatizing.

3 Thank Amber G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Oxford Suites Redding
#2 of 36 in Redding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,255 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding

Been to Best Western Anderson Inn? Share your experiences!