Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites
Travelodge Angels Camp CA(Angels Camp)(Great Value!)
US$83
Jumping Frog Motel(Angels Camp)
US$87
Murphys Suites(Murphys)(Great Value!)
US$158
Hotels.com
Murphys Inn Motel(Murphys)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$119
US$76
Travelocity
US$77
1859 Historic National Hotel(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$154
Travelocity
WorldMark Angels Camp(Angels Camp)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Gold Country Inn(Angels Camp)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbagelsbest westernscontinental breakfastmini suitegold countryhash brownsplace to stayfitness roomwhirlpool tubthe breakfast areasecond sinkdefinitely stay here againbusiness tripdesk clerkcomfortable bedon lineno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This being our first trip to Angles Camp I wasn't quite sure what my experience would be. I was pleasantly surprised by the entire area. The check in process was smooth, despite other reviews on the staff, I was satisfied with the service. After a long drive all we wanted to get our key and check out our room and that is exactly what we got. The room was quite large and despite being right on the highway and pool the road noise wasn't to bad and I couldn't hear the kids playing at the pool. I was very pleased with how clean the room was, the only negative I can come up with was that the bottom sheet would not stay on the bed. The front desk was helpful when we were looking for a reasonably priced restaurant. I am looking forward to another weekend getaway in the Angels Camp area and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We are always seeking out dog friendly hotels, we travel with our 50 lb shepard mix and she wants space to move. Besides the room being very spacious, there is a large gravel area behind the hotel for additional parking of towed vehicles and it was perfect for running our little girl. They provide clean up bags (although many people still don't clean up after their dogs, yuck). Besides a little refrigerator and microwave, there was a second sink in the room outside the bathroom, this made it super easy for both of us to get ready in the morning. My comment on the breakfast is that they had fruit, yogurt, lots of cereal and make your own waffles, so I could pass of the breakfast sandwich. We had none of the issues previously stated with the staff, they were all friendly and knowledgeable, they gave us a little slip of paper when we checked in with all the hours and information about the amenities at the hotel. Best of all, it was quiet, except for a few people that let their doors slam shut when they left, we didn't hear much of anything.

Room Tip: While some rooms have a balcony, the balcony looks onto the parking lot, so chose a room on the other side of the hotel with no balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RLRaceGirl
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I liked most everything about this place except the encounters I had on March 10 and 11 with a tall, young man working at the desk who was more interested in whatever he was doing on a computer in another room than in being gracious to hotel guests.

The man working on the evening of March 10 was pleasant and recommended a Chinese restaurant at which we had a good meal.

Breakfast was basic and a bit odd. When we searched around we found breakfast sandwiches that we heated in a microwave.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wonderfulworld
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We chose this over the Angel's Inn, where we have stayed before and enjoyed, because of the exercise room, which my special needs niece needs for her daily therapy. We arrived about 6 p.m., after calling to let them know we'd be later than the 3 p.m. check in noted in our reservations. There was no one in the lobby, but we could hear a phone conversation taking place somewhere. We stood for awhile, then I started exploring to find the source of the voice. When the clerk, who was outside talking on his cell noticed me, he hung up, rushed in, rushed us through check in, then started to rush back out. I stopped him and asked if we could have a smaller room (we had reserved a 2 room suite), as one of our party had to stay home ill. He ignored me at first, then when I pressed it, he said there was nothing else available. Even though the "vacancy" sign was lit and visible from the office, he didn't bother to check. We were tired, so we just went with it. I then asked for my Best Western Harley points, and he again brushed me off. He gave us a cursory run through of where our rooms were, then bolted out the door to his cell phone again before we even had a chance to get out of the lobby. I was very disappointed. He also did not inform us about breakfast, or the hours for the exercise room, which we had hoped to get to early the next morning (they don't open till 7). We did speak to someone else the next morning, who apologized for him, said he had worked an extra long shift, blah-de-blah-blah, and that he was very sorry. That fellow was professional and polite, the rooms were very nice, clean and quiet, although a little spendy, the breakfast was decent and fresh, but that first impression was very very bad. I will stay at the Angel's Inn in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was my third stay at the Best Western Cedar Inn and once again found it a nice place to stay. The location, in the heart of the Mother Lode, can't be beat. My cousin and I were in the area for wine tasting and a little shopping, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. In the past two visits, I had stayed there with my husband. Both times we had a room with king bed and a little gas fireplace. This visit, my cousin and I had a room with 2 queen beds and were told there are no 2 queen rooms that have a fireplace. We were a little disappointed, as it's nice to turn on the little fireplace on cold mornings while having coffee!

Check in was quick and easy, and the desk clerk was friendly. The lobby area is tidy and had a couple types of magazines with info on what to see and do in Calaveras County. They had a rack with the little pamphlets on touristy destinations, but found most weren't from the local area.

The rooms are very nice... good size and very clean. The beds and pillows were quite comfortable and we slept very well. The beds have the old school blankets on them which was a bit of a negative, but the bedding seemed very clean. The bathrooms are standard, but again, very clean. The rooms are quiet, away from the road, so no traffic noise, even tho the hotel is right on Hwy 49. We had neighbors on each side and never heard noise from either side. The rooms have hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. All rooms open to the outside, so no interior hallways. There isn't an elevator, so if stairs are an issue for you, request a first floor room. They have flat screen tvs in the rooms which are decent size and adequate. All rooms have free wireless internet which we didn't use, but good to know for future stays.

They have a complimentary continental breakfast, which I have never tried, so can't comment on that. Altho, it does look to be quite satisfactory.

Angels Camp is such a cute little town with fun shops (check out Stories in Stone!) and a couple of good restaurants. Crusco's is an excellent Italian restaurant right in the heart of town. Angels Camp is a central location to visit Calaveras Big Trees, the whole Calaveras wine country, Moaning Caverns, and many historic Goldrush locations.

We will definitely return to the Best Western Cedar Inn & Suites. It's really perfect for visits to that section of the Mother Lode.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family