“Spacious rooms and clean”

Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Angels Camp
Santa Rosa, California
“Spacious rooms and clean”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Overall, a good place to stay while visiting the Gold Country. Our first time to the area and pleasantly surprised at the hospitality. Check-in was great. Staff (Paige) was very friendly and helpful in recommending sites to see. Room was clean and quite spacious. There is a full bathroom which is big, and a second sink area in the room where the coffeepot is kept.
Pool was a must in the 100+ heat and was clean and well-maintained. Beds were comfortable and the nights were quiet. Stayed on the first floor by the pool which was nice.
Location is good being on Hwy 49 as a base to exploring other areas. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Best Western Plus Cedar Inn and Suites in Angels Camp is a great place to stay in California's Gold Country. We spent the day in nearby Murphys and then took a short drive to Angels Camp to spend the night.at this hotel. it was easy to find on Highway 49. The rooms and facilities were very clean and well maintained. Our room was large and quiet. There was a family with 2 kids in the room next door and we could not hear them through the walls. It was a hot afternoon when we arrived and we jumped into the pool The water was cool but the pool and pool area was clean. It is a nice hotel close to Murphys, Columbia and Sonora.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AaronI
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here a couple of nights in May 2004 on our way to Yosemite NP, at that time we were satisfied about the inn, pricing and service, reason why we didn't think twice to book it again on the way to our second Yosemite NP visit... regretable decision!
This property is on it's way downhill. Things started of on the wrong foot from the instant we arrived, check-in was done by someone half asleep and not the least interested if we would stay there or somewhere else. Rooms are spacious enough, clean and have comfortable beds, but don't look welcoming. They have an outdoor pool which was disgustingly filthy, according to the receptionist because the weather was of the previous week... I'm guessing he was refering to the previous year, as it looked like it hadden't been cleaned that long.
Complimentary continental breakfast the next morning was a dissaster, OK it's complimentary so I never have high expectations, but this was a slap in the face. When I mentioned this at check-out the receptionist acted as if he didn't hear.
I will NEVER stay there again.

6 Thank LeoRaeves
Truckee, California
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This being our first trip to Angles Camp I wasn't quite sure what my experience would be. I was pleasantly surprised by the entire area. The check in process was smooth, despite other reviews on the staff, I was satisfied with the service. After a long drive all we wanted to get our key and check out our room and that is exactly what we got. The room was quite large and despite being right on the highway and pool the road noise wasn't to bad and I couldn't hear the kids playing at the pool. I was very pleased with how clean the room was, the only negative I can come up with was that the bottom sheet would not stay on the bed. The front desk was helpful when we were looking for a reasonably priced restaurant. I am looking forward to another weekend getaway in the Angels Camp area and I will be staying here again.

Sutter Creek, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We are always seeking out dog friendly hotels, we travel with our 50 lb shepard mix and she wants space to move. Besides the room being very spacious, there is a large gravel area behind the hotel for additional parking of towed vehicles and it was perfect for running our little girl. They provide clean up bags (although many people still don't clean up after their dogs, yuck). Besides a little refrigerator and microwave, there was a second sink in the room outside the bathroom, this made it super easy for both of us to get ready in the morning. My comment on the breakfast is that they had fruit, yogurt, lots of cereal and make your own waffles, so I could pass of the breakfast sandwich. We had none of the issues previously stated with the staff, they were all friendly and knowledgeable, they gave us a little slip of paper when we checked in with all the hours and information about the amenities at the hotel. Best of all, it was quiet, except for a few people that let their doors slam shut when they left, we didn't hear much of anything.

Room Tip: While some rooms have a balcony, the balcony looks onto the parking lot, so chose a room on the othe...
1 Thank RLRaceGirl
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I liked most everything about this place except the encounters I had on March 10 and 11 with a tall, young man working at the desk who was more interested in whatever he was doing on a computer in another room than in being gracious to hotel guests.

The man working on the evening of March 10 was pleasant and recommended a Chinese restaurant at which we had a good meal.

Breakfast was basic and a bit odd. When we searched around we found breakfast sandwiches that we heated in a microwave.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wonderfulworld
Salinas, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We chose this over the Angel's Inn, where we have stayed before and enjoyed, because of the exercise room, which my special needs niece needs for her daily therapy. We arrived about 6 p.m., after calling to let them know we'd be later than the 3 p.m. check in noted in our reservations. There was no one in the lobby, but we could hear a phone conversation taking place somewhere. We stood for awhile, then I started exploring to find the source of the voice. When the clerk, who was outside talking on his cell noticed me, he hung up, rushed in, rushed us through check in, then started to rush back out. I stopped him and asked if we could have a smaller room (we had reserved a 2 room suite), as one of our party had to stay home ill. He ignored me at first, then when I pressed it, he said there was nothing else available. Even though the "vacancy" sign was lit and visible from the office, he didn't bother to check. We were tired, so we just went with it. I then asked for my Best Western Harley points, and he again brushed me off. He gave us a cursory run through of where our rooms were, then bolted out the door to his cell phone again before we even had a chance to get out of the lobby. I was very disappointed. He also did not inform us about breakfast, or the hours for the exercise room, which we had hoped to get to early the next morning (they don't open till 7). We did speak to someone else the next morning, who apologized for him, said he had worked an extra long shift, blah-de-blah-blah, and that he was very sorry. That fellow was professional and polite, the rooms were very nice, clean and quiet, although a little spendy, the breakfast was decent and fresh, but that first impression was very very bad. I will stay at the Angel's Inn in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Mountain Retreat Resort
Travelodge Angels Camp CA
Travelodge Angels Camp CA
#3 of 5 in Angels Camp

Been to Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!