“Great Hotel in Gold Rush Country!”

Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Angels Camp
NYC
“Great Hotel in Gold Rush Country!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a little Gem of a hotel. We stayed in the very spacious King Suite by the pool for one night, and I wish we could have stayed a few more night! Great little amenities like a makeup mirror for the ladies, a germ free new kind of remote for the TV (remember that article about hotel remotes being full of germs? Well, Best Western apparently has that solved!), a mini fridge and microwave, and separate sink from the toilet and bath! The free breakfast had something for everyone, including fresh fruit and yogurt. The coffee could have been stronger - but hey - I drink espresso, so I'm not the best judge!
Lots to do in the area - check out the giant redwoods in Big Trees, and the many caves and gold mines in the area.

Room Tip: The King Suite is just the thing for couples!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roberta F
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I would like to personally thank you, and all who take the time to acknowledge myself and my staff's efforts. We do indeed try to provide guests with a great experience. It really helps when you can share some good news with the staff. They work hard and it is nice to know that it is appreciated. Thanks Again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have to travel to Ironstone Vineyards 1-2 times per year for work. I always stay at the Best Western Cedar Inn. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. Ryan at the front desk was particularly helpful on my most recent stay. I had to ship equipment back from the hotel via FedEx, and he was a great help in making this happen. Thank you, Ryan!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BigIdeas19
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Visiting Angels Camp during a trip to the Gold Rush country and was not disappointed in my choice of a hotel in Angels Camp. Check-in was somewhat business-like, but I found the staff generally friendly and, as I had made a reservation, check-in was fast and easy. My room was surprisingly large, with a separate sitting room with couch, large desk and a comfortable reading chair. The bed was very comfortable and the bedroom area was very clean with all the extras, M/W, frig, coffee maker, etc. Bathroom was large and clean. Free, fast internet and a large TV in the sitting area. As I left early in the morning, I did not visit the complimentary breakfast. The pool looked nice and was being heavily used in the hot afternoon when I arrived. In all, I found this Best Western one of the best I've stayed in. I would definitely stay here again as I pass through Angels Camp.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank texasrepublichistory
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I really liked it here. The rooms aren't fancy - but ours was surprisingly spacious (I think perhaps because we booked an accessible room by mistake!) with 2 beds and an enormous walk in shower. There's one computer in reception which has free internet access and I found the staff helpful and polite. On first glance, the breakfast area looked unappetising and I wasn't holding out much hope, but I was definitely impressed. There's a choice of cereals, fruit, a waffle maker and muffins, all self-service, and the banana muffin was absolutely delicious.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 7CR7
Anderson, California
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We have stayed at many Best Westerns but this was the worst! The front desk people were very rude. Things started off on the wrong foot the instant we arrived and checked in. The front desk clerk acted like we were disturbing him. When I told him we had reservations he said, "first of all you can start by moving that car!" When I asked for an explaination he told us that the covered area in front of the door was not for checking in but a drive thru, we needed to park in back and walk up to the front to check in. He was very rude and I pointed out that there were no signs explaining this. We stayed two nights and had no maid service, the carpet was dirty with dark stains, the pool was filthy and we had ants in one of the suit rooms. The owner/manager said he would reduce the room charge but in reality it was the normal discount for a Sunday night. We would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank david p
I am truly very sorry you were so unhappy with your visit to our hotel. We do our best to make sure all guests enjoy their stay with us. This is evident in our rankings, over 4 out of 5 stars and # 1 overall. Your comments are taken seriously and discussed with staff at meetings in an effort to further improve guest satisfaction.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Overall, a good place to stay while visiting the Gold Country. Our first time to the area and pleasantly surprised at the hospitality. Check-in was great. Staff (Paige) was very friendly and helpful in recommending sites to see. Room was clean and quite spacious. There is a full bathroom which is big, and a second sink area in the room where the coffeepot is kept.
Pool was a must in the 100+ heat and was clean and well-maintained. Beds were comfortable and the nights were quiet. Stayed on the first floor by the pool which was nice.
Location is good being on Hwy 49 as a base to exploring other areas. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Best Western Plus Cedar Inn and Suites in Angels Camp is a great place to stay in California's Gold Country. We spent the day in nearby Murphys and then took a short drive to Angels Camp to spend the night.at this hotel. it was easy to find on Highway 49. The rooms and facilities were very clean and well maintained. Our room was large and quiet. There was a family with 2 kids in the room next door and we could not hear them through the walls. It was a hot afternoon when we arrived and we jumped into the pool The water was cool but the pool and pool area was clean. It is a nice hotel close to Murphys, Columbia and Sonora.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Sonora
The Robin's Nest
The Robin's Nest
#1 of 3 in San Andreas

Been to Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!