“Atmosphere can't be beat”
Review of Angels Camp World Mercantile - CLOSED

Angels Camp World Mercantile
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 August 2013

If you are touring the Gold Rush Country this is a great place to stop by for a snack, coffee, a light lunch, ice cream or a look around. It is located in an old mercantile store, sells non-profit items from third world countries, hosts events from open mike night to a drum circle, and in general is the kind of place you want to hang out in. In winter the pot bellied stove keeps things warm.
This is not fine dining, but if you want a sandwich or a snack, stop and check it out. You will feel like you have really been to Gold Country.

1  Thank shlamont

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is run for charity in a historic building. When we went it was manned by a single volunteer who was almost overwhelmed by the half dozen customers he had to serve. The lunch menu is very limited and changes daily. The food was interesting but not exceptional. The best items were the sundaes we had for dessert.

2  Thank Mister_Boffo
Reviewed 22 May 2013

During a week long stay in Angels Camp, CA we were wandering around town and wanted some coffee. We stopped in and my wife couldn't decide between Chai Tea or coffee, so Logan suggested a "Dirty Chai Latte". Since we never heard of that, it was a good choice and my wife immediately fell in love with it. Meanwhile, I was chatting with Judith who told me NOT to try the Blackberry Oatmeal Bar as it was too good and I would certainly become addicted. I had the bar (homemade by the way) and a scoop of their ice cream. Absolutely wonderful with a perfectly brewed coffee. To top it off, a gentlemen dressed in period costume picks up his guitar and starts singing over in the corner which made a good experience GREAT! This place is not to be missed if you want to meet some nice people, have a tasty food experience, and enjoy the charm of a cool little town.

3  Thank WeOwnAFatCat
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Beautiful building and interior, but funky choice of stuff for sale. I guess this is a basic good place to get coffee and a sandwich. Why they have decided to sell African,Latin artifacts seems so off kilter for the tourist looking for cowboy/gold miner history and artifacts.

3  Thank Ingrid666
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I walked into this shop thinking it would be a typical tourist town store. We were pleasantly surprised to find it was a great place to rest your feet and have a nice coffee and an ice cream or other tasty treat. The ice cream was really great. If you're in the area you should stop by!

2  Thank SheQwolfe