“Booked their house in murphys...”

The Cooper House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Angels Camp B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Love staying at cooper house but all rooms were booked, Rob suggested renting their rental house on Main Street in murphys. Three bedrooms / 2 baths, large deck area for lounging and having meals. The location was so perfect, could walk to many wineries, places to eat and shopping of-course. The house has a wonderful sounding creek that is so relaxing, kept my window open at night to hear it. I'm a caregiver for my father (85) and this house was great for his needs. One level, large kitchen for me to make his special meals and he enjoyed eating outside. A girlfriend came with us so we each had are own room. I missed Teys and Robs yummy breakfast but hey, "you can't have everything!" Thanks guys for letting me know about your murphys rental!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Antioch_CaTraveldiva
teycross, Owner at The Cooper House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property/vacation rental. We truly appreciate and enjoy hearing back from our guest. We strive to make all guest feel comfortable and welcome. We are pleased you had such a wonderful relaxing stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I already knew I loved Cooper House but this review is all about Murphy's House. I'm spending a wonderful morning and afternoon on the back porch listening to the musical creek and I can't believe how relaxed I am. I slept better here then I have in months. I want to send out a huge thanks to Tey and Rob for renting this palace to me. Right on Main St. It's convienence cannot be beat. I'll spend the afternoon trolling through the town, drinking wine, buying spices and teas, and enjoying the cute little shoppes in town. The best part is that if I want to take a break I can stop into Murphy's House and enjoy a nice lite lunch on the porch. It doesn't get better than this. Well, maybe if I could have the Cooper House breakfast here as well.

Room Tip: Rent the whole house.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
teycross, Owner at The Cooper House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased you had such a wonderful time and was able to just relax. We strive very hard to provide top notch properties for our guest to enjoy. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very cute little inn in angels camp. Probably amongst the cleanest rooms I have ever seen. Our room was so cute but very small. Full of charm, but too small perhaps for your average American male. House is very sweet and is kept immaculate. Food was very good. Be forewarned that the bathroom was about as small as a trains bathroom, train not train station! Angels camp is sweet because it is authentic and not kitschy! Owner Tey was helpful. The other owner seemed less inclined towards interacting with guests and I felt like we were putting him out. Think for the size of the room and the quality of the bathroom fixtures price a bit steep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
teycross, Owner at The Cooper House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again sometime. Safe travels !!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The house is beautifully appointed and comfortable, the hosts are friendly and generous, and the location is terrific. Walk to dinner (we loved Sidewinder, a Cal-Mex fusion) and eclectic shops. Nice touches: fresh squeezed juice, breakfast made to order, wine, beer, soda, snacks, and delicious coffee free at your convenience. We enjoyed a peaceful and restorative stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NEtravelist
teycross, Owner at The Cooper House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We returned from our 3rd stay at the charming Cooper House Inn. Rob and Tey haven't changed a bit and continue to provide the best lodging in the gold country. It really feels like staying with family at this point. The food is outstanding, the rooms uber comfortable, and the hospitality unparalleled.

Room Tip: We love the Chardonnay Room because it has a lovely sitting room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gpictures27
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Loved this place. Rob and Tey are wonderful hosts. It's a lovely garden setting, very peaceful. Having coffee, tea, snacks and wine available for the guests 24/7 was a great bonus. A very comfortable, warm, cozy sort of place and convenient to all the great little gold rush towns in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pmhigs53
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We enjoyed two peaceful nights recently after attending a concert at nearby Ironstone Vineyards. Rooms are well kept & clean. The atmosphere of the inn is relaxed & welcoming. I have allergies to most room sprays, plug in's & the like so I was very happy to find none of those in the common areas or our room. Recommendations from Rob on dining choices & things to do were spot on. Breakfasts were simply wonderful. Fresh ingrediants & lots of choices. I would absolutely stay at The Cooper House if we are in the area again. Thank you Rob & Tey for a wonderful B & B experiance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Angels Camp
Murphys Inn Motel
Murphys Inn Motel
#1 of 4 in Murphys

Been to The Cooper House Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!