“Disgusting hotel!”
Review of Ramada Antioch

Ramada Antioch
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Antioch
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Before arriving I had called twice to ensure I was given a non smoking room. I am a woman and was traveling alone. The room I got was disgusting! Nicotine stains were on the walls, the place wreaked of smoke, the sink was cracked, the lamp shades were yellowed by smoke, sitting on the lamps broken and crooked, the walls were chipped and the furniture dirty. You could see through the sheets and there was a cigarette burn on the mattress pad. Cigarette butts were thrown on the ground outside. This was the "executive suite"!
My friend previewed the place to ensure it was adequate and what he was shown was not what I received.
I was moved to a bigger cleaner room that did not smell like smoke, however it had a light in it that could not be turned off and hummed loudly. In an attempt to remove the cover and take the neon light, out the cover broke from old age. I was concerned about my truck and double bolted the door that night. I checked out the next day. The Ramada Inn Corporation should take this place seriously into consideration, sell it off and take their name off of the front! All this to save a few bucks! What a lesson to learn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nanci R

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I don't know about other rooms, but my room was filthy. I should have listened to the other reviews, but my husband wanted to stay in Antioch to be close to the event were in town for. I thought the reviews were over statements or people not understanding that " you get what you pay for". It's not like one thing was dirty in the room, everything is dirty or broken in this room. If I was alone or with one of my girl friends on a girls weekend, I would be scared to stay here.

Room Tip: Go down the road to Oakley or Pittsburg and get a room away from this place!
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is up there with the cheap and not so cheerful motels you check into when your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and you don't have a choice!

I on the other hand, was looking for somewhere similar to the Crown Plaza in Concord, just not so far out. The man at the booking center recommended the Ramada as being a good choice. He lied!
The receptionist was pleasant and efficient, but...:

The room had an awful musty smell and it was grubby - that "hasn't been given a thorough cleaning in years" kind of look. It was old and fusty.

The mattresses were as hard as a rock but the linens however, were clean and fresh. We were given extra linens on request at their convenience! The air-conditioner was exceptionally noisy. The bedside lights were controlled by a switch at the entrance door and were on a ten-minute timer, meaning if you wanted to read in bed, you had to get up every ten minutes in the pitch dark to switch the lights back on again!

The pastries were fresh and tasty and the "make your own waffles" were great. The coffee is some of the worst I have ever had but the orange juice was good, although it hadn't really been well mixed (from concentrate).

Overall, this place is greatly over-priced at the "special" of $90 per night. It should have been at least a third, and more likely half of that. I will not stay at a Ramada again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were there to visit family and they recommended this. Well all I can say is they never stayed there! It was dirty! We were not impressed with the help in any way. I think it is a crime that they fall under the Ramada name. I would never ever go to another one based on this experience. The ONLY redeeming factor was the proximity to a restaurant next door and several chain restaurants in walking distance. We won't be going back here ever, never, never ever! And we wouldn't even go to the free breakfast based on the dirty room

Room Tip: Don't stay here is my best tip!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank roch2772
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Staff was very friendly.
I called the front desk to report that I had clogged the toilet, the maintenance man was at my room in about three minutes. Then, the maid appeared to mop the water before the maintenance man was done. From my call to the management to the time the mopping was done was less than 15 minutes.
The breakfast was not too varied, but they did have fresh Belgian waffles.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antioch
Days Inn & Suites Antioch
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg
Best Western Plus Delta Inn & Suites

Been to Ramada Antioch? Share your experiences!