“I can live here!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
San Jose, California
“I can live here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been to Seascape multiple times and I swear each time we go, we are ready to just buy our own place and go every weekend! It's such a great place to get away to even with our older teens. The units are clean and spacious and it's so easy to call for a golf cart to take you to the beach whenever you want. Having a kitchen helps cut down on costs, but having room service also eases the worry about running out of food!

This past weekend, we celebrated our daughter's 17th birthday. We rented a 2 BR/2.5 BA unit. We BBQ'd and cooked dinner and reserved a bonfire spot for 7:00. Right on time, a cart picked us up, took us to the beach where chairs and a fire were waiting for us...along with a s'mores kit. We also took our own food to the beach and had my daughter's birthday dinner along the water. We ate while the sun set, seated around the fire. The kids played in the water then had cake, played in the water again and then had s'mores. I can't think of a better way to have celebrated....we all can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Make sure to reserve a spot on the beach for a bonfire. It's an additional charge per person but...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Upon check in at the Seascape Resort Hotel, we were actually given the wrong room number. We had already put our things in the room before they told us we needed to move. However, they moved us into a two bedroom condo that was absolutely awesome! It was an incredibly upgrade and they were incredibly apologetic.They even sent up a complimentary bottle of wine! The views from the hotel of the ocean are spectacular. The staff will drive you down to the beach in a golf cart and the beach is private and beautiful. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful during our stay. The grounds are right next to the Pacific Ocean and really beautiful. Overall, we had an excellent stay at this resort and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I were there visiting with friends for a Memorial. I'm not sure of their personal experience, but when my husband and I saw the rooms, they were amazing. Their rooms were overlooking the ocean and the living room sliding glass door opened to a patio with chairs and the beautiful landscape. Real spacious in the kitchen and living room area. My husband and I took a walk along the path of the ocean and enjoyed the beauty of the sea.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

What a disappointment. My husband and I stayed here for a wedding in a spa room with an ocean view. Sunday morning we were awoken at 7am by a loudspeaker announcing a fun run. As every runner crossed the finish line (directly outside of out room) we heard their name and time. Then, the runners congregated in front of our room. We had to keep the curtains closed. We finally just checked out and went home at about 9am. To make matters worse, I emailed Seascape with an explanation of what happened along with a video of what it was like in the room. No response whatsoever. It has been 3 weeks and they never even took the time to respond to my email. Message received Seascape. You do not care about guest experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This resort is in a small little beach town with lots of character! The views of the Pacific are amazing! The rooms were nice and beds were really comfortable! The food was good at the Sanderling Restaurant on-site. Very friendly people and very dog-friendly, as well! Across the street is a little shopping village with everything you could need from shopping, dining, fitness, groceries, liquor, coffee and/or flowers! We had a very short stay but will return to spend some more time here!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 428D on the first floor. Had a great view and walk-out patio. Not much noise on th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LLaff
Fountain Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Our unit was very roomy and comfortable but the decor was dated. The finish materials and quality of the bedding were not what we expected given the price. But we enjoyed our stay. Lovely views of the ocean, easy access to the beach, helpful staff. Our unit overlooked the pool but we were not disturbed by any noise in the evening. In fact, we could hear the ocean when we left the door open. A very pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheri V
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We chose this resort because of its proximity to the beach/ocean and because it was between Santa Cruz and Monterey. The location is very nice - a bit of a secluded community away from the hustle and bustle of nearby towns. However, this did mean there were less shopping/dining options right there. There is a small shopping center across the street that had a couple of places to eat but we really did not make use of any of the stores or restaurants.

We were making our plans at the very last minute, calling for a reservation the morning of our arrival. As it was a fairly quiet time of year (mid-April), I don't think the resort was very full and apparently we were upgraded - we were told we would be in a 1-bedroom suite with a sofabed for my teenage son, but we ended up in a 2-floor, 2-bedroom suite that had a full kitchen, dining area, living area, and 1/2-bath downstairs plus 2 good sized bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms upstairs. Lots of space! (Note the bottom floor of our unit was the second floor of the building so we did have to climb steps to get to our front door.)

We were a bit back from the cliffs but the positioning of the units did mean we had a view of the ocean which was very nice. We could see dolphins swimming right off the beach.

The decor was a bit spartan - everything we needed was provided, but it was pretty basic and not really remarkable.

The 2 bedrooms had nice sized beds (the master had a king and I think the other room had a queen). However, the pillows were pretty uncomfortable. The bathrooms were nice - the master had a shower stall that was fairly spacious (I did not feel cramped) and it had a GREAT water flow - nice a strong, with plenty of hot water. The other full bath had a deep tub with jets (which we did not use). The towels were a good size and pretty fluffy. There was shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion provided.

There was a gas fireplace in the living area that we did turn on but the flames were pretty paltry/low and there was very little heat being provided by it to the room.

There are a few pools and hot tubs placed at various spots around the property. We did not use them but they looked like nice areas.

We did eat breakfast in the restaurant onsite. As the resort is currently undergoing renovations, there was a lot of construction going on right outside the windows and a lot of noise while we ate but we were eating breakfast at 11am on a weekday so I am not sure if we can complain too much - they have to do the work at some point.

There is a nice paved walkway down to the beach and it looked like you could call for a shuttle cart to take you back up to the resort by calling from the phone at the bottom. There were several fire pits on the beach and we saw an "ad" that said you could order a beachfire to go - complete with all supplies for the fire plus s'mores, etc. I did not see any information about using/renting beach chairs or beach towels but that would be nice to have so hopefully they do.

There is a relationship with the local gym so that fitness classes are available free of charge - I wanted to check them out but never had a chance to.

We were about 10 minutes south of Capitola, 15 minutes south of Santa Cruz, and 30-40 minutes north of Monterey.

The main reason that I did not give this property a higher rating is that, although we loved the location, the room was nothing special (other than big), and the price we paid (which was supposed to be for a 1-bedroom) was high for "nothing special". It was a reasonable price for the size we got but since we were only 3 people and had intended to just book a space adequate for 3, we would expect more out of a smaller room for the price we paid. (I.e. we paid for a 1-bedroom and got a 2-bedroom so the price we paid was for a 1-bedroom, which, if it was at the same quality-level of the 2-bedroom, would be a bit high in my opinion.)

Room Tip: Try to get at least a partial view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TahoeMother
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
BEST WESTERN Seacliff Inn
Capitola Hotel
#1 of 4 in Capitola
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection
Sanctuary Beach Resort

Been to Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!