“A Hidden Wine Gem”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Pleasant Valley Vineyards
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This place is like visiting someones house....oh but it is... Craig and Cathy Handley and of course Susie their dog. We were greeted nicely to their tasting room...their beautifully groomed backyard! Such a beautiful setting for a taste on a sunny crisp fall day.

PV wines makes small lot of wines...Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zin, Syrah and Cab. By the way did I mention family run? All of the wine labels were designed after their grand kids.

All of their wines in the tasting flight were just superb...so we bought one of each.

If they are open ...I would highly recommend a visit . I'm not sure on the tasting fee because they graciously accepted our Wine Passport.

You will be pleasantly surprised as we were.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Went there on January 2013 Passport Day. They are no longer part of Passport Program, but they took my Passport and poured. Now they are open most Saturdays from April-September. It would be wise to call first to confirm. 2008 review is out of date.

The estate vineyard abuts their back yard, and so is the tasting area (no tasting room). The Handleys are very pleasant people. Wines are of variable attractiveness to my palate. They poured a few reserve wines for me. I bought a couple. Grandkids running around with the dogs. Most wines named after grandkids. Old school. A nice way to spend an hour.

Reviewed 15 September 2008

Pleasant Valley Vineyards makes small lot wines, varietals include Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel and others. The winery is open by appointment only except on special event days such as the Corralitos Wine Trail or Passport weekends. They are open by appointment on other days. The wines are good and the outdoor tasting area is gorgeous with the vineyard and redwoods.