“Au Midi is special even to the non specialist”

Au Midi Restaurant & Bistrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Midi Restaurant & Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Aptos
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Park Drive
Transit: The Santa Cruz/Watsonville MTA bus #71 and #91 Express drops patrons off within easy walking distance of Au Midi.
santa cruz
“Au Midi is special even to the non specialist”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really enjoyed Au Midi several times- twice with one friend, and also with a group. The food was the most beautiful thing every time. I don't remember specifics as it has been a few months, but I know there was nothing I did not enjoy! Beautiful color and presentation too. I am not an aficionado of French food, because my husband is not, to the point of his balking at going to any restaurant with that implied. So I can't make comparisons with Provence and so forth. But I have girlfriends...! And went with them. I wish there was a four and a half star rating possible. The only complaints are extremely minor. The service was variable both in attentiveness and attitude, I thought. I wish there were more than one restroom- got stuck waiting a LONG time. But I really admire what the owners have made from the storefront setting, it is quite lovely.

• Visited April 2013

California
“Revisiting Provence”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous meal very reminiscent of a trip we had taken to Provence. Food was authentic and delicious! Great service and quaint place. We weren't going to have dessert but one of the workers told us the chef is a French pastry chef, so we couldn't resist. Oh my gosh...the desserts were unbelievably delicious and beautiful to behold! We happened to meet the chef and she is a warm and very talented woman who obviously loves the culinary traditions of her homeland. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2013
Carmel, CA
“Superb French Restaurant on Monterey Bay”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Today was our second visit to Au Midi, and today it was even better than the previous time. The food is superb! The ambience is quite nice, and it is a family run operation. Our mussels were the best we've had in ages and the apple tart w/ice cream was fantastic. They tell us that they are no open for both lunch and dinner from Tuesday through Sunday, all year round.

You can't go wrong!!

• Visited August 2013
California
“Transport yourself to Provence”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is one of my favorite French restaurants. It is one of three French restaurant in a mile
in Aptos. The chef is one of the best inventing delicious sauces that enhance meat and
seafood dishes. One of my favorite events is when they have their special tasting events: Mushroom Dinner with 4 courses all highlighting the mushroom, another event, French Reveillon Menu for New Years Eve. I also enjoy going there for a relaxing lunch with goat cheese salad,
crab salad. The menus change with the seasons so you are never bored with the choices.
I highly recommend Au Midi. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Aptos, California
“Charming little French restaurant with nice touches”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was my first time at Au Midi, and we enjoyed a nice, relaxing lunch. Bill had a rolled salmon in sauce, and I had a crab cake salad with a delicious mango/lemon sauce. We split a wonderful nutty chocolate mousse dessert. Prices are pretty reasonable for lunch, but we looked over the dinner menu which seemed a little pricey for our taste. And the wine prices are in the expensive range as well. I don't think there are any glasses of wine under $8-$8.50, with comparable bottle prices. But definitely worth checking out and enjoying a little French atmosphere for lunch! :)

• Visited July 2013