“Amazing getaway.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aptos
Sand Rock Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Aptos B&B and Inns
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Amazing getaway.”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Historic farmhouse, tasteful antiques,gourmet breakfast, peaceful gardens among redwood groves made our stay at sand rock farm an amazing memory. Kris is warm and accommodating, adding unexpected touches like fresh flowers and homegrown raspberries to our breakfast. She is also an expert on the best restaurants and places to see. It feels like going home for the holidays!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This was one of the most relaxing, peaceful, tranquil places I've stayed. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and shown to our room, which contained fresh flowers. The host is gracious. Each morning starts out splendidly arriving to the dining room table which looks out into the garden , and birds feeding just outside the window. We were served a healthy gourmet breakfast which begins with fresh fruit locally grown, complimented with classical jazz softly playing in the back ground. Truly a special way to start the day. The grounds are beautiful with various fountains locations on the property, many wonderful spots to sit and read, or just enjoy the flavor and scents of the Redwood, and Eucalyptus trees.
The location is minutes away from several beaches, and the nearby towns offer a wide variety of eateries from the simple fast food to gourmet dining.

Simply Magnificent!

Room Tip: Each room is unique - can't go wrong.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Sand Rock Farm Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful place to unwind and rejuvenate. I recently stayed on an Sunday night (Mother's Day) in Spring. Surprisingly, the entire place was empty and I had the whole house to myself. What a treat!

Gardens - In the afternoon I sat in the upper and lower garden areas. Both gardens have small fountains with sitting areas. The lower garden is shaded by a redwood tree and it is moist and cool. The upper garden was in full bloom, with a gorgeous tulip tree, bush roses, regular roses and many others.

Room - My room was located in the corner of the building, overlooking the upper garden, directly over the kitchen. I didn't hear any kitchen noises.... I was happy that my room was quiet and serene as I am a light sleeper.

Service - Excellent service. When I checked in, they asked if I had any special requests. Wow - My wishes were fulfilled were exactly as I requested and delivered on time. Kris is awesome. She really cares for her guests and tirelessly works to please them. In my case, she bent over backwards to satisfy my retreat schedule (I commuted to Mt Madonna).

I highly recommend Sand Rock Farm Bed and Breakfast and I look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We had a great time at Sand Rock. Beautiful place, great food and fun people. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This was our first time to a B&B. I wanted a weekend getaway and he chose the city. In Aptos, Ca, there is the most wonderful place that you could ever imagine. Our weekend is in the middle of the week, Tues. and Wed, so we had the place to ourselves. SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! You turn off the street and enter this jungle of green with flowers every where. Ten acres of beauty. We were greeted by Claire, who showed us to our room.

Kris, the owner, is just delightful. She helped us with our plans for the day and recommended wonderful dinner places. Plus helped us with an adventure to the aquarium. We walked the grounds finding so many wonderful things. White wisteria growing out our one entrance to our room. We had the Hidden garden room, three ways to enter, all gorgeous. We did not have a jacuzzi in our room, ours was in the hidden garden. Flowers, champagne, and peaceful all around. Does not get any better than this.

Breakfast was an experience all by its self. You will not think that you are getting shorted, everything is plentiful. Everything was delicious with great coffee.

If you are looking for a little getaway, honeymoon spot, wedding place or vacation, this is it. I have already told my family that I'm ready to go back. The only down side is that our stay was not longer.

Room Tip: Hidden Garden Room, Large, Quiet, w/ hot tub.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeannetteMB
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Very very comfortable bed! It felt like home away from home and the owners are very friendly and personable. Location is great- very close to Santa Cruz and Monterey/Carmel. I would recommend this place for anyone who wants a quiet, private getaway in a cozy country home close to the beach

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Upon arrival, you're greeted by Kris, the owner. She's a warm and welcoming person. She makes you feel at home. Atmosphere is casual, warm and welcoming, relaxing. The area surrounding the house is quiet.

The rooms are big, bed is comfortable. Kris makes a delicious breakfast. During our stay, we had the savory breakfast - goat cheese soufflé with grilled asparagus. There was also sweet rolls. Everything as delicious.

If you need a weekend away from your busy life to relax, come stay here. It's wonderful.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Rio Sands Hotel
Capitola Hotel
Capitola Hotel
#1 of 4 in Capitola
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola

Been to Sand Rock Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!