“My absolute favorite Santa Cruz area restaurant (and I live here)”
Review of Cafe Sparrow

Cafe Sparrow
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
santa cruz
“My absolute favorite Santa Cruz area restaurant (and I live here)”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Great food, lovely atmosphere, nice service, it's all good. Every night is a different prix fix 3 course dinner, I always go on Friday for the saffron based bouillabaisse, it's to die for. The salads are awesome and wine list is perfect. I love this place.

Santa Cruz
“Enjoyable Saturday night with the chef and crew at Cafe Sparrow”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Visited Cafe Sparrow for a Saturday night dinner with reservations (almost a must on weekends). It was busy but we were seated promptly and well taken care of by the friendly staff.
The chef came by to say hello right after we were seated and brought some tasty complementary appetizers one of which is like a toasted cheddar cracker, the other was a ceramic spoon filled with sprouts and a tapenade....a great start.

We shared a variety of plates including: bean and Italian sausage soup, a cheese plate, the sesame seared Ahi tuna appetizer plate, their special bleu salad, a large dinner sized Yvette salad and their dessert sampler. The cheese plate included three types of cheeses that vary (my favorite was the Pt. Reyes blue cheese), sliced apples, various nuts, a quince "jelly", and some toasted crostini. It was a delightful plate with a glass of Alfaro chardonnay. My sweetheart said the bean and Italian sausage soup was tasty and her ahi tuna plate a fabulous appetizer. The Yvette dinner salad was huge consisting of a bed of very fresh spinach, topped with grilled chicken, pears, toasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese. Yum! The dessert sampler (which varies) was delightful. It had a profiterole, fresh strawberries, tasty pistachio nuts, and a mousse with whipped cream. Everything was very fresh adding to the wonderful flavors. Cafe Sparrow has a variety of dinner specials in addition to their regular menu which change nightly. This a great French country restaurant to enjoy dinner.

• Visited February 2014
“Great food, great service great choice!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We discovered Sparrow Cafe quite by accident while staying in Aptos. We arrived on a Sunday just in time for brunch. The menu featured some great breakfast favorites with a touch of French Country elegance. We elected to go with one of the specials using fresh salmon. Two thumbs up!

Visited January 2014
San Jose, California
“Hidden Gem!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Lunch here today with girlfriends to celebrate my retirement. Seated in the "downstairs" by the window. Nice bright room, A little warm with the sun coming in the uncovered window.
Lovely menu and specials available. We ordered: Crab Cake Salad, Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, Ruben Sandwich's and a Chicken Sandwich (don't remember it's name). Raves all around except from me. Although the vegetables in the salad were fresh as can be it was OVERDRESSED. Had I paid more attention when I ordered I would have ordered dressing on the side. Such a waste to not eat the lovely bell peppers, spinich and uber fresh zucchini.
We didn't order beverages or dessert but I'm sure they would have been wonderful. Service was prompt and efficient.
I would go back,

2 Thank napiligal
Montreal, Canada
“What a hidden jewel!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Didn't expect anything extraordinary when walking in for a Sunday breakfast... But we were overwhelmed by the hyper-attentive, young, friendly wait-staff. But it gets better: the food was beyond wonderful! Very tasty, sometimes in surprising ways, with nice-sized portions and pretty presentations.
Did I forget to say the service was excellent?
BTW, possibly the best pancakes that I ever tasted!

Visited January 2014

Been to Cafe Sparrow? Share your experiences!