“Very nice. Just what I expected for my stay.”

Best Western Seacliff Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Pretty landscaping, nice room, nice pool, good free breakfast.
Short drive or 5+ minute walk to the cliff at the state park with a nice view.
Very close to freeway. Grocery store and some small places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
seacliff7500, Manager at Best Western Seacliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Andrea T,

Thank you so much for your response! We are so happy you enjoyed the pool, free breakfast and the beautiful Koi pond and landscaped grounds are always a treat. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel. Continental breakfast was good also. Receptionist was nice and pleasant. Nice pool and courtyard. Will come back again. Has good location and in walking distance to the beach and resturants. Will come back again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Zo6zman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and share your experiences with other travelers and with us. We are delighted to know that your stay at the BW Seacliff Inn has been so pleasant and we highly appreciate your compliments on our property, location and of course the staff!

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

.My wife and I were here for a family wedding weekend. There were rooms blocked at the Best Western for guest of the wedding. This was my first visit to this Best Western, but know several friends and relatives who have stayed here before, and said it was a great place to stay, which includes a breakfast. On arrival, the staff at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Our first impression when we walked into the room was, it was very clean and quiet. The bed was ok, but I have slept on more comfortable beds before, but it probably is just me. Being I live just on the other side of the mountains, I normally would stay here, and if I was to stay near the coast, I would go for a beach front hotel. Being said, if I were to be here for another wedding, I would definitely stay here again

Dear Roger M,

Thank you so much for such a nice review! We really appreciate it, and are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel during your family wedding weekend. Thank you for your positive comments in regard to our staff and clean rooms. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you're here, and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The grounds are lovely if you get a garden view room. Highly suggest the small upcharge for this view. Building 400 is furthest from the pool (which we preferred since it was Spring Break with lots of children enjoying the pool), but still a very short stroll. The room had a fridge which was nice. The happy hour at the bar was very nice with good food/drinks at a very good price. We enjoyed the patio setting and coi pond. Would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 356porschegirl,

We appreciate your time taken to write this review about your stay at the BW Seacliff Inn. We thank you for your kind words regarding location, Koi pond, restaurant/bar and building. Comments like those make us proud to belong to the team of the Seacliff Inn and you encourage us to keep working to maintain and improve the excellence in service. We do look forward to having you back and thank you for recommending our hotel!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just spent one night but was impressed by the hotel. The rooms were clean, although decor was typical hotel rooms. The beds were pretty firm. There was an in room refrigerator, but no safe. Having food and drink service at the pool was awesome!

Hello Susan H,

Thanks for the great comments! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our pool and clean rooms! We hope to see you again soon!

Cordially,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

For a get away with family during the childrens'easter break this hotel had a good pool which the children enjoyed and a fitness gym which the adults enjoed during our stay. The rooms were very clean and all amenities were complete and working well. This hotel provides good value for the price.

Hello Tess E,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us during your trip to Santa Cruz County. We are happy you had a good time. We hope you come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Booked for three days and stayed for two. I selected this hotel based on the pictures I saw on the hotel website and the fact that my wife is a travel agent and has never booked this property for a client and has never stayed here herself.. This hotel is in a convenient location just off the freeway. Pulling into the hotel I thought it looked nice on the outside and well kept. I checked in and that went fine, though I didn't think the gal at the front desk was real pleasant. We stayed in a room that had 2 queen beds and once inside the room, it went down hill from there. The grounds at this hotel are very nicely kept and rather nice. It seems that more is put into the grounds than into the room where you actually stay. First I have to warn you, that the free WI-Fi is well, worthless period. If you are staying here and the wi-fi is an attraction, don't stay here. It didn't matter day or night, the wi-fi is a joke. I personally think the hotel is doing itself and the customer a dis-service by offering it. Next, this is a very dated interior without a doubt. The blow dryer is the old school rectangular type that moves very little air and kills your eardrums. The PTAC Heat Pump that heats and cools the rooms is very very old, and kept me awake as this unit makes some very loud noises when it starts and then makes a super load noise when it shuts off. The four pillows would have been nice if they were of any quality and this hotel should learn that most people would be happy with two good quality pillows over four poor quality pillows. The beds were worn and were very hard, so it was next to impossible to sleep. Walls are very thin and though the room had a refrigerator, it didn't have a microwave. The rooms are about as plain as a room could be, having very basic furniture and only two pictures on the wall above each bed. One bed was just one foot away from the Air Conditioner/Heater, so the person sleeping on that bed gets the air dumped all over them and has to deal with the sound as well. Very poor placement I might add. The bathroom is the type that is very very small. The toilet is in next to the shower and it is very cramped. The vanity area is very narrow as well. Our sliding glass door opened fine, but the screen door was off it's track and wouldn't stay on. We had housekeeping bring us a blanket and it was a very old school blanket that was probably 15 years old. I will say that the room seemed clean, but they need to move this room from 1998 to 2014. It clearly is lacking in being updated. The only thing that was modern was the flat screen tv and that was just fine. Another very odd thing about the room was that all of the wall switches in the room had a motion sensor on them which I didn't understand. What were they sensing and at first, it was hard to figure out how to turn on the light with this type of switch. Breakfast managed to be fairly decent so that was a plus. In short, this hotel has potential if they would spend money on the rooms and the internet connection but judging by some of the others who left reviews, they supposedly have been working on getting the internet working for several years. I was disappointed and checked out a day early, as I needed the internet to do a bit of company business and it just wasn't happening. Most of the employees I came across were pleasant, but the gal at the front desk left me wondering who is running this hotel. When I checked out a day early, she didn't even question me to make sure everything was okay during my stay, or make sure it wasn't a problem that the hotel created for our early departure. This is very basic customer service. She simply checked me out and sent me on my way. It went pretty much the same as checking in. I guess there are some people that have no knack for customer service. In short, this didn't work for us as the hotel was excellent on the outside, but failed on the basics on the inside. It may work for others, but even my wife who is a travel agent said she would use this property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wingnut5

Dear Wingnut 5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent stay at the BW Seacliff Inn. We appreciate when guests take the time to share their experiences at our hotel with others, whether it’s positive or areas for improvements. Although it distresses us to learn of any shortcoming at our hotel it gives us an opportunity to continually better serve our guests.

I would like to apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and care about the quality given to our guests. Please be assured your observations will be shared with our entire team and will certainly assist in our ongoing improvements throughout the hotel. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and giving us the opportunity to better serve all of our guests.

Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Capitola Hotel
#1 of 4 in Capitola
6 mi away
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn

Been to Best Western Seacliff Inn? Share your experiences!