Front desk staff were especially great when we checked in. Let us take a look at a couple of rooms. Splurged on the suite. Oddly all the suites face the parking lots. The suites have been recently remodeled but I found, at least in ours, that the furnishings are rapidly beccoming worse for the wear. Stains, etc. I must say the suite was much, much better than a standard king, and considerably more expensive. Could have stayed at the Fairmount in San Jose for less. Big big jacuzzi tub was great, tv in living room and bedroom, many standard cable channels. The beach is nearby, but not close. The hwy is between the hotel and the beach, so when it is listed as four blocks, that is very misleading. The beach is a state park, parking begins at 8am, 6 dollar fee. We get up earlier than that, nearby street parking is free and begins at 6am. The grounds are clean, the koi are beautiful, the service swings between can't do enough and couldn't care less. The desk attendant this morning was crabby and less than helpful, acted dismissive and rude when I requested a late check out, the place isn't crowded this sunday/monday an this is my vacation after all, but managed to squeeze us out an extra hour. Santa Cruz area hotels in general leave much to be desired, this facility is clean and if you are willing to spend extra, offers a nice room to forget your troubles. Free breakfast was actually O.K. from among limited choices, waitress grumpy until the tip, hostess engaged and helpful, like I said, mixed bag at this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of northern California's beaches and lush natural landscape from the comfort of this luxurious Aptos hotel near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! Located just minutes from Seacliff Beach, this charming Aptos hotel offers easy access to the area's many attractions. The famed Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is just a short drive away, as is exciting whale watching, kayaking, sailing and more. Outdoor lovers delight in hiking through the majestic redwoods and other local flora at the nearby Wilder Ranch, Henry Cowell, and Nisene Marks State Parks. Go back in time on the historic Roaring Camp Railroads, sample some of California's finest wines at Santa Cruz wineries or get a glimpse of life under the sea at the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, less than an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Seacliff Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Seacliff Hotel Aptos
- Best Western Seacliff Hotel
- Best Western Aptos
- Aptos Best Western