“Excellent pizza, nice view, and great ambience”
Review of Aptos Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aptos Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Wanted to avoid chains and have more unique experience, and this was an excellent choice. Overhangs a lush gorge and has big windows to take in the aptos area, has somewhat of a "surfer" theme. Business has been there since 1960s. Want excellent pizza in a nice environment that reminds you that you are in a beach city, this is the place.

Reviewed 25 March 2009

My wife and I took a trip to Aptos to visit the area and I specifically searched for a good pizza restaurant. I read a few reviews about Aptos Pizza, most all good, but some not so great. So I decided to give it a shot.

Location: This is a very small building that only has a few tables and chairs. So the sitting is quite cozy and snug and the parking is limited. So this is more of a grab and go location.

Service: I wouldn’t say the service is any worse than any other pizza takeout. We came in, we ordered, we left, so I can’t say the service impressed us, but it wasn’t bad. It took less than 20 minutes to make the pizza which is great.

Food: I visited this pizza restaurant because of the great reviews on the food, so I had high exceptions. I ordered a medium pizza with pepperoni and olives. The crust is amazing, thick and wonderful. Not the best crust I have ever had, but definitely a great crust. However the sauce and seasoning tasted a little bland. Don’t get me wrong it was a good pizza, but the sauce wasn’t as good as it could have been. Overall, I did somewhat enjoy the pizza but it wasn’t great.

Value: I ranked this the lowest because the price / value was not justified. I ordered a medium pizza; the price came out to $20. However the size of the pizza in my eyes about the size as a small price. Now granted the pizza is thicker than a cheap pizza, but not enough to justify the price.

Overview: The price was good, but I can’t say I would take the time to return. I suppose if I tried it again it may be better, but first impressions are important. I’m sure others love this pizza, but I’m not one of them.

2  Thank VectorV
Reviewed 24 January 2009

Expensive

1  Thank lizzylizard217
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I really think this is one of the best places to get a delicious pizza in town.