“Arcadia Embassy Suites”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Westminster, United States
“Arcadia Embassy Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Very nice hotel. Great complimentary breakfast, cooked to order. Rooms were clean. The staff were always helpful. The business suite had up to date computers and printer. Easy to find with lots of great restaurants in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I always try to stay at Embassy Suite (EBS) for my business and personal travels.
Embassy Suites – Arcadia is my first time and I stayed three nights at this location.
Positive
I walked in the front door and the first thing I noticed was the lobby; it is gorgeous. The lobby was furnished with living room sofa, chairs and writing desks. Immediately, I was greeted by hotel staff with “Welcome” and they gave all my guests a “Free” bottle of water. The check-in process was completed in less than 10 minutes. The room is well furnished with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and iron with board, two flat screen HDTV and two dresser drawers, two double beds, and “Free” WIFI.
All the furniture is in new condition. The toilet and shower room was clean and neat with plenty of towels.
Like all EBS the “cooked to order” breakfast and manager's cocktail reception is fabulous.
In my last night, a hotel staff hand delivered me two bottles of water, and a thank-you letter for being a Hilton Honor member.
There is plenty of hotel parking in the front and back of the hotel. Nice.
Negative: Minor
No hotel is perfect. The electronic door lock to my room occasionally will not work. I brought this attention to the hotel front desk staff. It appears the batteries in the key lock need to be replaced.
The swimming pool water has to be replaced; cloudy water.
Conclusion:
My overall experience at EBS Arcadia is positive. I don’t understand why the negative reviews on cleanliness, and everything is old. Embassy Suites hotels are “not” new hotels like the ones in Las Vegas. It is unfair to compare a Cosmopolitan or Wynn hotel to EBS - Arcadia.
I recommend EBS - Arcadia.
Steve N

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Oceanside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

This particular Embassy Suite is consistent in their level of service, accommodations and amenities. The staff is friendly, professional and helpful. I highly recommend this location to all travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is probably the best value in the Pasadena/Arcadia area. Free parking, free breakfast, free Internet, and free evening reception are unmatched to many of the other hotels I looked at. And Embassy Suites has a certain sophistication without being gaudy or over-the-top.

This location is excellent (near I-210 and I-605, but not too close). There are restaurants galore around and a mall nearby.

The pool is indoor, and while somewhat dark and loud (echoes), is spacious. They could add some more chairs, though, although space for them is somewhat limited. HINT: The access to the pool takes you past the housekeeping area. You might think you've wandered somewhere you shouldn't, but keep going, the door is to the right, across from the vending machines. The exercise room is standard: some treadmills, free weights, and exercise balls.

Check-in was quick, and all staff we encountered were very pleasant.

One item to note is the heating and cooling systems. The entire hotel will either be in "heat" mode or "cooling" mode, depending on outside temperature. This means you won't be able to run the AC if it's cold outside, or the heater if it's hot outside. There's a note about this by the thermostat in the room. I didn't have any problems with this. It was Summer and I like my room cold, so no issues.

There are four elevators, and while not the fastest or biggest, they do a reasonably good job.

Internet access is free, though the wi-fi signals aren't as strong as they should be, so you may experience disconnects from time to time.

If I had to pick anything that I'd really change, it would be water quality. The taste is not good at all, and even seemed cloudy. It made what was perhaps the worst cup of coffee I ever had (in room). Two sips was enough and I had to dump it.

The free breakfast is a HUGE plus for this hotel, as is free parking. Don't underestimate how much this is going to save you, especially if you have children!

I would definitely stay here again.

NOTE: We stayed August 9-11, on seventh floor with north-facing view.

Room Tip: The elevators aren't the fastest or biggest, so if you absolutely don't want to wait, consid...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Whitwell, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this experience a 4 or 5. Accuracy to my requested type of room, noise outside the suite, and the smell of the room made this trip less desirable than others I have experienced.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have traveled to the Arcadia, CA area for a project on and off for the past few years. When it's availalbe, I usually try to stay at this particular Embassy Suites. It has a very unique design (strong Spanish influence) and for the most part used to be kept up pretty well.

I stayed here over the past week during my last trip out to Arcadia, and I have to say I was quite dissappointed this time. So dissappointed in fact that i changed my next trip's reservation to stay elsewhere in the area.

The general common area's appear to be fairly well maintained. However, there was a distinct musty/chlorine oder. Either from the fountains or from the pool. The chlorine oder did not bother me as much as the musty order.

It appears that they have replaced the carpets in the hallways and painted the atrium a bit including the railings. Their evening cocktail reception is still first rate!

On to the room...

One common theme among Embassy Suites (in particular the older ones such as this), is that they have what they call a 2 pipe HVAC system...not individual units like other hotels. In general, this works "OK", when it works. However, at this particular Embassy, it does not work all that well. I could never get my room cool enough. I had the TStat on 58...and it never cooled below 72 or so from what i could tell. I like a very cool room, and this just did not cut it at all.

The room in general was extreemly worn. The carpets are in need of replacing and cleaning in general. The bathroom wallpaper was coming unglued in several areas and the counter surfaces had cracks as well as the sink had bad cracks (bathroom sink as well as the sink in the bedroom). The furniture in the living room area had stains in places.

Also the Fire/Smoke detector in the living room was completely missing...only the mounting plate was on the wall. BAD BAD BAD!

It's really too bad, as this property is on my company's prefered list for the area, and I like Hilton properties in general. There are 2 other Hilton properties to choose from in the area though.

1 Thank Will H
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

As I mentioned from my previous review. Before I moved in to this hotel. I was staying at the Extended Stay of America located a couple of blocks aways from this hotel. And I felt a complete upgrade not just because of the name but: the quality of the bed, cleanliness, service, their breakfast selection. I am fully aware I can not compared this hotel with the Extended stay but it was relief for me. I strongly recommend this facility, please try to book a room in the upper floor for less noise

Room Tip: upper floor, less noise
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!