“Pleasant stay at Embassy Arcadia”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at Embassy Suites Arcadia, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My family stayed here for 2 weeks while I was in the hospital and it felt like home away from home for my husband and sister, after my discharge from the hospital we stayed an additional 4 days and the staff made sure I was in a quiet area so that I could rest properly without any noise. Before checking out Luis ( General Manager) checked on me personally to see if I needed to extend my staff before I drove 4 hours back home to Las Vegas and he extended a late checkout to me and my family. Great location to restaurants, freeway, park and grocery store. This location is extremely safe, nice and away from the Los Angeles busier areas however easy and close access to downtown shopping and Hollywood walk of fame. The complimentary breakfast is a full cook to order omelet, eggs and pancakes station, hot and cold food selections. I will definitely stay here on all future visit to Los Angeles. The General Manager Luis and the rest of his staff goes above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here recently. Chose to stay ay this property even though there are plenty of options nearby. I paid full price for my room. Overall I am ambivalent about this property.

Pros:
Nice lobby
Loved the courtyard like architecture
Cooked to order omelettes
2 room suite

Cons:
Outdated property badly needs renovation
Tiny bathroom, constantly leaking tub, extremely poor plumbing, poor quality bathroom fixtures
Dark rooms
Very poor quality full mattress - but advertised as queen
Plenty of parking - but there was an event in the hotel and I couldn't find a space even after 30 mins. Hotel lobby advised me to park at the back of another hotel across the street. A bit of inconvenience.

I may choose to stay in other hotels nearby which are new and charge less than this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Rooms are very small. Ours had a terrible odor. A/C-Heating system only available if temps between 55 and 72. Sofa sleeper broken. No one ever came to fix it. Not enough towels for three people. Only two hand towels for a bathroom and the two additional sinks. Two chairs at the dining table. No table and chair in bedroom. Couldn't fit one anyway. Television system hard to figure out. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nelson C
211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Nelson,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your review - I apologize for the delayed response.

Our heating/cooling system is always available, between 55 and 72 degrees we are usually on neutral. Our two pipe system, is a bit complicated but there is always a way to generate air into the room.

Sorry you found our television system hard to use - we do have channel listings near the televisions and in our guest directory.

Thank you again for your review - Naomi

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed two nights for event at Cal Tech University. We stayed at two other Hilton properties before arriving at the Embassy Suites in Pasadena. Front desk clerks very friendly and cook at breakfast did a great job. Housekeeping was about as bad as it gets. Carpets and mirrors were dirty. They did not even put sofa cushions back on sofa and threw the blanket and pillows in a pile on chair. Not even folded just tossed. Dirty glasses were not replaced and dining chair not even pushed in. Bathroom was not cleaned. All they did was take out trash and replace towels. Very disappointed. Just about as bad as it gets. If you want a clean room goes some where else. Will not go back. We are Hilton Honor guest and stay at least 40 nights in hotels and this was about the worst housekeeping we have ever seen.

2  Thank LoriH63

Dear Lori,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you attended your event at Cal Tech, we appreciate your review - I apologize for the delayed response.

We're always looking for guest input and regret to hear about the cleanliness issues you encountered. This is certainly not acceptable and we're working with our housekeeping team to correct this.

Your comfort is our concern and we hope we can invite you back for a much more enjoyable stay.

Thanks again for your review - Naomi

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

With it being my first time visiting the Los Angeles area, I had a spectacular stay at this hotel. Great location, very helpful staff, INSANELY delicious breakfast, and big, comfortable room. I definitely want to stay here again, and next time I visit L.A., I will!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

From the time of check in to check out I felt I had a personal assistant with me. The staff was so prompt and accommodating. I love the brand new carpet they put in their rooms. I can not believe TripAdvisor asks for 200 characters minimum. How many characters have I put in this essay. I feel like I am back in High School.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great hotel, great service, FANTASTIC staff. The breakfast was great, they make the best omelets. The evening reception is a nice touch as well. The staff is fantastic, helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!