“A nice hotel located in a nice neighborhood!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was a nice hotel located in a very nice area. The room was clean and the service was great. I highly recommend this place if you do have a car. The drive to downtown LA is about 20 to 30 min.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014

1. Very poor sofa bed infested with bugs - My husband got 5 bites in the last 2 nights of our stay (we stayed for 4 nights total). Before check out, I found a dead flea like insect on the sheet. Also, on the second day, I killed a one cm diameter black spider in the bathroom. My husband was probably bitten by spiders at night and that affected his sleep. You can't sleep soundly if bugs crawl on your body during the night. The last morning, we showed the dead bug samples to the front desk. They said sorry and gave my husband some ointment. We showered before bedtime always.

2. My husband and I found a live cockroach at night in the hotel's indoor garden near the lobby area. The indoor garden is very beautiful but it can attract bugs.

3. Excellent breakfast. They serve you hot cook-to-order breakfast. Well, except one morning I was asking for the pancakes off the cooking pan but the chef insisted on giving me the ones sitting on the side while I later on saw her serve other customers the pancakes on the pan instead of the one sitting on the side. So I talked to the front desk staff, Mr. Kurt. He apologized and talked to the kitchen staff and the issue was resolved for the rest of the days. Thank you, Kurt.

4. Excellent double beds - My kids and I stayed in the bedroom while my husband slept on the sofa bed outside our bedroom. The bedroom was extremely quiet and the beds were comfortable.

5. Restaurant staff and hotel staff are in general very friendly and pleasant.

I would say it is great to have excellent complimentary breakfast. But after all, it is more important for a guest to have a good night sleep during travelling than a hot breakfast. The hotel might want to think of the priority in providing services to guests. In general, the staff is friendly and well-trained but the hotel cleanliness definitely need some work to offer guests a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If you get bites after a night sleep, request to change room right away.
2  Thank mla44
211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Dear mla44,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur.

We are sorry that this disturbed you and that you didn’t get the sleep you deserved. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The "reception" is a bag of Chex Mix, a small plate of vegetables, and beverages. They do not provide regular shuttle service and will only go within a three mile radius. They told me they would provide shuttle service into LA, but they did not. Shuttle service is only intermittently available. It was incredibly noisy. The wifi service did not work at all in my room, and when I complained they refused to give me a new room or do anything about it. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jillmarie M
211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Jillmarie,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and I regret that you were disappointed by the light snacks at our Mangers Reception.

I apologize for the miscommunication regarding our shuttle service, we have communicated with our Central Reservations to make sure they are aware of the capabilities of our shuttle's 7 mile radius as well as shuttles that service our hotel going to Los Angeles.

Unfortunately, our wireless internet may be a bit "spotty" if the hotel is at high occupancy due to the number of people utilizing the complimentary service.

We appreciate your review - Naomi

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have had many family dinners in the restaurant here as the hotel is conveniently located within a few miles of our parents' retirement community. We met here on July 3. They put our noisy group in a side room which allows the little kids some wiggle room. Good variety on the menu. Good service.

However, my niece learned that not one restroom has a changing table. Since we're not overnight guests we had no room to go to.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I live in Illinois and work for City of Hope and need to check in with my group several times a year. I have been staying at the Embassy Suites for 10 years now and it very comfortable for me to stay there, Not too big and not too small. the amenities are perfect for a business traveler. I appreciate the free shuttle back and forth to the hospital as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have always stayed at Embassy Suites,since 1984 . The service is always professional and the rooms are clean and comfortable... It's nice to see the same staff working for the hotel.We stay every 3-6 months and always look foreword to returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!