“Lovely hotel, very good value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Santa Monica, CA
“Lovely hotel, very good value”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Suites are nicely furnished, very spacious. "Cooked to order" breakfast was very good with an ample selection. A dramatic-looking lobby with plants, running water. Very good value. The hotel has facilities for large groups; there were two large family reunion groups when we stayed there, also a wedding group. The hotel can accommodate all these activities without seemed crowded.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As the Chairperson of my high school 50th reunion committee I needed a location central to the actual reunion site. Embassy Suites was the site of our 20th reunion, so why not revisit them. Our reunion was located at a venue adjacent to our high school. Anyway, they gave us a room rate I reserved 15 rooms, all were used and hotel graciously provided us additional. The morning free breakfast was wonderful. The entire facility is well maintained inside and out. Folks had no problem locating. My ONLY "concern" is the managers evening cocktail party. The hotel was totally booked, 2 or 3 other events also going on. That being said, the snacks served at the cocktail party consisted of pretzel mix and small platter of fruit (the bar was wonderful). I did expect more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was a nice hotel located in a very nice area. The room was clean and the service was great. I highly recommend this place if you do have a car. The drive to downtown LA is about 20 to 30 min.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

1. Very poor sofa bed infested with bugs - My husband got 5 bites in the last 2 nights of our stay (we stayed for 4 nights total). Before check out, I found a dead flea like insect on the sheet. Also, on the second day, I killed a one cm diameter black spider in the bathroom. My husband was probably bitten by spiders at night and that affected his sleep. You can't sleep soundly if bugs crawl on your body during the night. The last morning, we showed the dead bug samples to the front desk. They said sorry and gave my husband some ointment. We showered before bedtime always.

2. My husband and I found a live cockroach at night in the hotel's indoor garden near the lobby area. The indoor garden is very beautiful but it can attract bugs.

3. Excellent breakfast. They serve you hot cook-to-order breakfast. Well, except one morning I was asking for the pancakes off the cooking pan but the chef insisted on giving me the ones sitting on the side while I later on saw her serve other customers the pancakes on the pan instead of the one sitting on the side. So I talked to the front desk staff, Mr. Kurt. He apologized and talked to the kitchen staff and the issue was resolved for the rest of the days. Thank you, Kurt.

4. Excellent double beds - My kids and I stayed in the bedroom while my husband slept on the sofa bed outside our bedroom. The bedroom was extremely quiet and the beds were comfortable.

5. Restaurant staff and hotel staff are in general very friendly and pleasant.

I would say it is great to have excellent complimentary breakfast. But after all, it is more important for a guest to have a good night sleep during travelling than a hot breakfast. The hotel might want to think of the priority in providing services to guests. In general, the staff is friendly and well-trained but the hotel cleanliness definitely need some work to offer guests a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If you get bites after a night sleep, request to change room right away.
2 Thank mla44
211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Dear mla44,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur.

We are sorry that this disturbed you and that you didn’t get the sleep you deserved. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed.

Travellers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

ALBANY, NY, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The "reception" is a bag of Chex Mix, a small plate of vegetables, and beverages. They do not provide regular shuttle service and will only go within a three mile radius. They told me they would provide shuttle service into LA, but they did not. Shuttle service is only intermittently available. It was incredibly noisy. The wifi service did not work at all in my room, and when I complained they refused to give me a new room or do anything about it. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

2 Thank Jillmarie M
211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Jillmarie,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and I regret that you were disappointed by the light snacks at our Mangers Reception.

I apologize for the miscommunication regarding our shuttle service, we have communicated with our Central Reservations to make sure they are aware of the capabilities of our shuttle's 7 mile radius as well as shuttles that service our hotel going to Los Angeles.

Unfortunately, our wireless internet may be a bit "spotty" if the hotel is at high occupancy due to the number of people utilizing the complimentary service.

We appreciate your review - Naomi
Saint Louis
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have had many family dinners in the restaurant here as the hotel is conveniently located within a few miles of our parents' retirement community. We met here on July 3. They put our noisy group in a side room which allows the little kids some wiggle room. Good variety on the menu. Good service.

However, my niece learned that not one restroom has a changing table. Since we're not overnight guests we had no room to go to.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!