“Never stay here”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 10 October 2009

Never stay here and this is coming from a Hilton Honors member that inly stays at Hilton Hotels. The staff has no control of the guests. The parking lot after dusk is a drunken free for all. My car got hit in the parking lot while I was there.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rayda81

Reviewed 9 August 2009

I got suckered into this hotel because of its convenient location and reasonable price. It is CHAOS AT NIGHT!! The nightly scenario at midnight: kids running and yelling through the hallways and adults shouting and acting rowdy in the inner courtyard. Oh...don't forget the slamming doors and room parties. As a result, the atmosphere is that of a cheap motel. Management is aware of the noise problem (as are previous travelers as you can read from their reviews) and they don't do anything about it. Your complaints fall to deaf ears. STAY AWAY - THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Mielikki55
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Great location. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. I would recommend the Claim Jumper within walking distance of the hotel. The nightly happy hour was great for my husband and I, along with our 2 kids who had their fill of "Shirley Temples"! Breakfast had lots of options along with made to order omelets. Easy access to the highway.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank deedeelee
Reviewed 20 June 2009

What a GREAT hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. King suite had a very comfortable king size bed and a separate room with a nice sofa sleeper, work station, microwave and fridge. Shower water pressure was perfect.

The breakfast was phenomenal. Hot made to order with 2 chefs. Omelets with many ingredients, potatoes, bacon, sausage....fresh fruit, cereals....great location with a friendly staff.

I couldn't be happier with our selection and will recommend this to all!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank swindy10
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Clean, comfortable, helpful staff, not much to complain about here. Walking distance to a number of places to eat, good access to the freeway, an indoor pool, which is odd for a place that has weather in the 70's pretty much year round.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I had to go to LA for a family emergency May 9th. I drove down from San Jose and stayed at the Motel 6 in Buttonwillow first ( hunt for my review) then onto this place. After staying in Buttonwillow first I felt like I was in paradise staying here. Beautiful hotel, Beautiful room, very friendly girls at the desk. Only complaint I had was at the free breakfast the next moring. Having been burned before, I wrote a note to put on my breakfast table that said: RESERVED GETTING FOOD BE RIGHT BACK. I got up to get a refill for my coffee came back to find the dining room hostess clearing my table! I"m like "Give me my food back I just got up to get some more coffee" I was truely only gone 30 seconds! I then had to go back and get food all over again! I showed her my note she just shrugged her shoulders. Whatever. After the food fiasco I went to the pool area. The hot tub was very HOT and felt nice. Overall the place was awsome and I can't wait to go back. Next time I will bring a guard dog to guard my food while I go get more coffee

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I travel to the Pasadena area frequently. During this trip, I decided to try a new hotel, the Embassy Suites in Arcadia. I was very disappointed upon checking into this hotel. The hotel is dated and in serious need of updates. The room is dingy and seems dirty. It's nice to have the suite with the couch area however, there's no coffee table. Nice to have the fridge too as a coke from the vending machine is $1.50 and $2.00 from room service (and it's not from a can or bottle). There's no traditional closet space, just an locker with a few hangers. The bathroom is dated, dirty and worn. I wore flip flops in the shower as I did not feel comfortable standing in the tub with my bare feet. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner as they give you the smalles bottles possible, probably about 1 ounce of each. The breakfast was good but you have to get there early as it does get crowded. If you're a diet coke fan in the morning like me, there's no soft drinks available so bring your own. It's nice to have the free drinks in the evening but the line is long and slow to get to the bartender. The snacks are on the cheap side too like pretzels, nuts, popcorn and nachos depending on the day. The hotel is loud. On the weekends, children run up and down the hallways unsupervised screaming loudly. You can hear doors slamming constantly. Parking is free and the location is great. Close to the interstate, a large mall and many reasonable restaurants (within walking distance) such as Outback, Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden and Chili's. There's a Starbucks across the street from the hotel. The hotel restaurant and room services is average. There's a $3.00 charge for the room service delivery and you have to specify if you want to charge it to the room. You can do better at a local restaurant. All in all, I will not return to this hotel as there are just too many other nicer properties just as reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!