“Good and bad”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Folsom, CA
“Good and bad”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed here for three nights recently and there were some ups and downs. I called the front desk to request a wake up call and to report that the television HD was down. The wake up call never came and I never received an update on the HD issue (it was still not working the next night). I brought these issues up the next evening - they came in and replaced the TV and apologized for missing the wake up. From then on, the staff was very attentive to me and seemed to take extra care to ensure that I was happy. In fact, I needed to work on a stain to a pari of pants and they got what I needed. Staff continually checked on me the rest of my time there. Also, the bed was not real comfortable as it was caved in on both sides with a high point in the middle.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Hoopsdad,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback during your recent stay with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. And I hope that we exceeded your expectations once you brought those issues to our attention.
At your convenience, please contact me in order for me to further assist you,

Juan Navarro-Sigala

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The hotel was great and the restaurant was awesome. The staff was awesome. It was a great experience. Will go there when I visit the area next time.

Room Tip: any room is good
Dear CharleneC,
Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience. I have shared your comments with our staff during our daily training huddles, as we do with all of our guests' comments and feedback.
Thank you again, and look forward to see you next time you visit this area,

Oak Glen, California, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We purchased 3 rooms trough Priceline and arrived at the hotel at 9 PM. A clerk with very, um, novel articulation skills told us they had overbooked and would offer us rooms at another hotel 10 miles away.

Since it was a two day reservation, we got the added benefit of not being able to extend our reservation at the 2nd hotel. So you get the added thrill of packing up the 2nd day and wondering if they will honor the 2nd night's reservation.

Desk clerks who were slightly less competent and friendly than the average fast food hamburger joint.

PATHETIC.

1 Thank James R
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience. As I shared your review to my staff this morning, we were all disappointed that we let this issue to happen. Please accept my most sincere apologies, If possible, please contact me so that I can discuss this with you in more detail. My email is: juan.navarro-sigala@hilton.com.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My friend and I stayed here while visiting a friend who lives in Pasadena. No great views here but that's not what we needed.

The rooms were large and clean, there was actually ample drawer space and closet space, which was nice.

The beds in our room did not have the Garden Sleep System (where you can adjust the firmness of the bed) but our mattresses were plenty comfortable. I did see a sign in the lobby that rooms with king beds had this type of mattress.

I did notice that we could hear our neighbors speaking in the next room (though we couldn't understand what they were saying) and other HGIs I've stayed in did not have this issue. We didn't hear our neighbors on the other side so I don't know if they were just quieter or if that room was even occupied. But it was not enough to keep us awake so it was not a big deal.

As noted by others, it's in close proximity to Santa Anita so if you want to catch a race, this would be a great place to stay. For us, it was easy enough to get to the freeways for sightseeing and far enough away from the freeways that there's no traffic noise.

The staff was friendly and cooperative. My friend arrived well before I did (reservations were in my name) and she was allowed to check in and get settled. The breakfast staff was friendly and even remembered what I ordered on the first day to see if I wanted that same order again. It was nice to be able to have a cooked-to-order breakfast in addition to a well stocked buffet of fruit & pastries.

We'll definitely look into staying here the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest:
What an amazing review; thank you for taking the time to share this with the readers of TripAdvisor. Your experience is exactly what we strive for with each and every guest. We are very fortunate to have some talented people that genuinely care about our guests working here at the Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia. We hope to see you back soon.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member and frequently stay at Hilton properties. My wife and I had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Arcadia. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk. Of course they had an assortment of fresh cookies at the desk. Our room was large and very comfortable. Wireless Internet service was free, and room had a small fridge. The pantry store in the lobby is open 24x7.

The breakfasts were a special treat - much better than the typical included continental breakfast. They cook great omelets with whatever you want in them. I also had french toast and a Belgian waffle during our 3-day stay. Pam is very friendly and attentive, always offering to refill coffee or bring us more food.

The location is great with easy access to the freeway in either direction. I would highly recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced place to stay in the Pasadena area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jim W:
Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience. I have shared your comments with our staff during our daily training huddles.
Thank you again, and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to this area.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Got to say that I am a diamond at the Hiltons and this was avery friendly hotel, from Dan at the front desk to Pam in the dining room and all the rest of the staff. Everyone was so nice and also made you feel so welcome and as part of the family.
Except the last dat of my stay, on Monday when I went down to eat breakfast and the guy that took my order gave me such a hard time about me using my breakfast coupon on ordering 2 item. He pretty much argued with me telling me that the coupon was only good for 1 item, I told him that everwhere else it was always good for the breakfast buffet. I had to tell him to go ahead and charge me for the extra item, he also did the same to my co-worker, we couldn't believe it.
What a shame to end such a great week-end on a sour note.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Damian C
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Mr.
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, and also allowing me to speak with you in person before you departed. I hope that I was able to clarify the use of our breakfast coupons.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you have any questions or may need assistance,

626-574-6900
juan.navarro-sigala@hilton.com
Colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here while visiting friends in the area. Nice big lobby and plenty of places to sit for breakfast. The rooms were large and with comfortable beds. I used the fitness room and it had everything I needed. Free weights, weight balls, treadmill, yoga mats...good choices! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again:)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you sharing your experience,and look forward to see you next time you visit this area.

Juan Navarro-Sigala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!