“You give a traveler a cookie...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Las Vegas, Nevada
“You give a traveler a cookie...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

It's amazing what a small gesture can do. Like a few other hotel chains if its quality, the Hampton Inn gives you a yuppy chocolate chip cookie upon checkin. That cookie is only one of a number of pleasant things that make this hotel a great little gem.

My father and I were visiting the LA area to attend a few Dodgers home games and rather than staying near the stadium we decided to find a nice place a little but farther away and we were extremely pleased with this Hampton Inn. The neighborhood it's in is easy to get to, clean, quiet and seemed very safe. There are plenty of good-quality restaurants in easy walking distance and, best yet, it was only about 20 minutes away from Dodger Stadium -- an easy drive from this seemingly out-of-the-way hotel location.

The room was as clean as could be expected with nothing that stood out as bad. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean. Good pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower and the room's WiFi was spot-on.

Next time I decide to travel to Los Angeles for Dodger games, I'm gonna look into booking this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SactoGamer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

I spent many, many days worth of time searching for THE place to stay in CA. I reviewed and looked some more. If you are doing the same consider your look over and book this Hampton. Booking through Hampton online was the best deal I found when looking at many online services. We stayed 7 nights and were very pleased with our stay. Very few places offer a complimentary breakfast and this one was very generous. Few hotels offer free parking and we never had a problem parking even when returning after midnight from Disneyland or Sea World. We felt completely safe. As others have said, there are many places to eat nearby which you can walk to, as well as many other types of stores you might need. The refrigerator was huge, like a double dorm frig., and we were pleased with it's size. Having a microwave was also a plus. Both are seldom mentioned in other hotel listings. The staff was helpful and friendly. We went to Disneyland, Universal Studios and SeaWorld. Be there when they open if possible. Allow extra time for traffic. Rent a GPS. It was extremely valuable. However, when going to Disneyland or Sea World, take Hwy. 210 E. to 605 South to 5 South instead of going through LA as your GPS might tell you. It will recalculate for you. Remember a backpack for water and treats while sightseeing.
By the elevators get a coupon for an extra $8 off each person at Universal. Buy Sea World tickets ahead of time online. The special we received for doing so was a ticket for your choice of a Sky tower or Sky ride. The ride is worth the time and lets you see the area.If you want to do an interaction program with, for ex. the dolphins sign up online early or call them.. My teenagers loved it. Santa Monica beach is an hour away or if caught in rush hour longer. It was wonderful and relaxing. Park on the pier if possible. There are places to eat there and you can park longer there then the other nearby parking lots many only open until 8pm.
The Rose Bowl is very close to this hotel as well. We slept well and would come back another time. Stop your search. It is so time consuming. You will be pleased with this Hampton.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank GotoLA
sunny socal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

Am I pickey? Yes! So a four star in my book is above average and a five star is perfect. This hotel was fine but not a four or five star as some are rating it. A nice home port for traveling or sight seeing but not much of a vacation spot.
I arrived late in the rain and my friend 'Garmin' was letting me down. With a call to the hotel, I was on my way in the right direction. Seems that they've done this before. The room was spacious and clean but some of the furnishing were a bit outdated and yes this overly sensitive nose detected a bit of a funny smell. When was the last time that you saw a lazyboy recliner in a hotel room?
So, don't get me wrong, three stars is fine. A nice place to get a nights sleep and a little extra with a bite in the morning, I would return for a business trip now that I know where it is.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank st0ked
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

Hampton Inn definitely gives you your money's worth. The room (303) was large and comfortable. The bathroom was large with plenty of nice fluffy towels. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby 24/7 and breakfast is free with lots of seating in the lobby.
Breakfast starts at 6 a.m., I had to leave the hotel at 4:30 and the front desk gave me a "to go" bag the night before which contained a bottle of water, an apple, a granola bar, and some chocolate mints - which were kind of strange.

The only negative comment I need to make is that my neighbors t.v. was very loud. I think its because of the connecting door which is not a thick soundproof door like the walls are.

There are plenty of restaurants to chose from within walking distance, and a shopping mall is just down the street.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank lizmit
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

We spent four nights in this hotel and would definitely recommend it. We arrived late the night we checked in, and immediately settled in for bed. Several times during the night I got up and adjusted the A/C because it was hot. I finally had it set all the way down to 60, and still it was warm even with the covers thrown off. The next morning I told the woman at the desk as we were heading out that our A/C appeared to be broken, and she promptly apologized and said they'd either repair it or give us a new room that evening when we returned. We went to the car and realized we'd forgotten something. My husband went up to the room and was surprised to see a maintenance worker already at work completely replacing our A/C unit! How's that for service? Furthermore, they gave us credit for that night when we checked out. We would be hard pressed to lodge a complaint against a hotel with service that remarkable. Instead of a negative, they turned it around to a positive with the exemplary way they handled our complaint.

I spent days - no, weeks - reading reviews on hotels in the LA area before deciding on this one. What was important to us was (1) a safe area that allowed us to walk outside at nighttime; (2) a comfortable bed; and (3) a quiet room. We could not find this combination in the immediate LA area! Some friends told me that we'd regret the distance we'd have to drive in & out of LA because of the traffic, but with two teenagers we never got on the road before 9:00, so traffic wasn't a problem for us.

The positives were the friendly staff, the great breakfast, the decor & cleanliness of the room and the rest of the hotel, the free use of two guest computers (bring your own paper if you wish to print anything because they're usually out), the heated pool, the beautiful view of the mountains, the close interstate access, and the many restaurants nearby (in an area safe enough to walk outside at night time!). The beds were indeed comfortable, except I wasn't a fan of the duvets (comforters) because they were lumpy. I replaced the one on our bed with a nice vellux blanket from the drawer, so it wasn't a problem.

Although we did hear a few doors slamming and a loud car or two, this was by far the exception rather than the rule. All things considering, we slept pretty well. We were sad to leave when we checked out. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat if we ever went to the LA area again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank InfrequentVacationer
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

We were visiting family and this hotel was a nice place to return to at the end of the day.
The staff was great - they put fresh baked cookies out in the afternoon -and were very helpful. The room was clean.
We did have a little trouble locating the property because we got off of the 210 too early.
It is very easy to walk over to Soup Plantation to eat and a customer there advised me to go on-line to their website to get two for one coupons. Great tip!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2010

We spent the day at the nearby Huntington Library and chose this Hampton Inn based on reviews here. It is nestled among a cluster of chain hotels including a Residence Inn, a Hilton Garden Inn and an Embassy Suites. The great thing about the Hampton Inn brand is that there are few surprises, and this hotel is no exception. It seems to be very well run and provides very good value. We had dinner at an excellent Chinese seafood restaurant next door called Crystal Seafood. The clientele is largely of Asian origin so you know the food is good. The Hampton Inn's complimentary breakfast is well-above average. In short, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena? Share your experiences!