Motel 6 Los Angeles - Arcadia / Pasadena
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The place is clean and well managed. Across the street from Santa Anita race track. Lots of nearby shops and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank josch1122

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Okay, lemme start by saying that I thought I knew what I was getting into when the friend I was visiting recommended I stay here because it was cheap. Slumming is slumming, but nothing can describe how awful this place is. Do you remember when you were young and foolish and needed a place to crash during the out of town ball tournament that you'd be drunk at all weekend? Well, you wouldn't even want to be drunk here.

This place is typical motel style. Except this one features carnie-type folk who sit outside their room doors in fold-up chairs and eyeball you when you drive up. At check-in, you PREPAY for your room. Hmmm. Oh, and you buy internet access at the front desk per day and the girl keeps your cash and does not write you a receipt.

Access to the rooms is decent. That's about all. Our door didn't close properly and I could see daylight all around the door. The room smelled of B-O and old cigarettes, even though it was a non-smoking room (we had an overturned ash-tray in our room with a no-smoking sign on it, lol). The carpet/mat was blue, had holes it in, was grimy and I didn't take my shoes off the entire time. The furniture, or lack thereof, was old, grimy, cheap and I wouldn't even lay my clothes out on it. The beds were barely doubles, as advertised and the room so small that my bed was shoved right up against the outdoor air conditioner unit. Thoughts of Legionnaires disease raced through my mind and I actually did come home with a bad flu and bronchitis which I know was a result of this marvellous room layout.

I'm no Howie Mandell, but one doesn't need to have OCD to be grossed out by this place. The bedsheets had stains (not urine I hope, but some other black water stains). The comforters were stinky, had holes and cigarette burns and might I say, some "chunks" of stuff that looked like dried snot. Sorry, I had to say it. I felt itchy all night.

The shower had a replaced lower tub form that was improperly installed and rocked from end to end when you moved inside for a shower. There was also a big hole in the tub form.

No shampoo, hairdryer or much else.

We were too tired to find another place due to our late arrival, but trust me I had waking night-terrors sleeping in this room. We promptly checked out in the morning.

Cannot say enough bad about this place. Apparently, some people on Trip Advisor say they love this place. I would say those people are lying through their -----.

OMG, save yourself. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank InsideTrack
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Paid a premium to stay before Rose Bowl which made me even more disappointed! Rooms were cramped and dingy. Comforters had holes probably caused by cigarette burns. That it was a smoking room made it all the worse (they had no more non-smoking rooms available). There was a handlebar set in the bathtub area that had a large hole on one side. It was as if they just forgot to fix it. The fan in the bathroom also made an awful sound. The positive is that the staff was nice and it was convenient to restaurants and other activities.

Room Tip: Don't choose a smoking room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Fu**!., this motel sucks., very poor service., they let me wait for more than 2 hours., and after that they've said to wait another hour., what kind of service is that?!? It may offer cheap prices but it also offers very very very POOR service., manager is a Filipino., poor quality.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank traveller66637
Reviewed 14 June 2011

so me and my family saty at this motel everytime we are down south. we have family in glendora and alhambra so its the best place to stay. on our last trip my husband forget his shoes(mind you, they are about 100.00 a pair). we didnt realize until we got back to nipomo and so we called about a week later. they had them for us and so their honesty and respect for guests' personal property says it all.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aprilstarr5613
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Will stay there in future if available...Staff was attentive to our needs and quick in their
response...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarryinSt_George
Reviewed 14 December 2010

My wife and i are from San Diego and stayed here for the night to see her relatives the next day.We were at awe looking at the nice view of the mountain that this location has and the staff are great and so friendly. We had a good start laughing at the wake up call that we got from Tom Bodet and we went to have coffee and the whole place is just so quiet and so calm.not bad for a budget motel,such a great place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple