Stayed here three nights with my husband and two kids (ages 2 and 9) at end of June. We actually got a really good rate through bidding on Priceline. Check in was a breeze. The lady at checking us in told me my room had been pre-paid since we used priceline and we were assigned a room with a king size bed on the 4th floor. There were free Chupa Chup lollipops on the check in counter. I took two for my kids. There is free parking all around the hotel.
The elevators worked fine. Sometimes it could be a bit slow. The room was okay for our purposes. The sofabed was smaller than expected, but it was enough for my 9 year old son. There is a very small sink and countertop in the small living area with desk. There is also a mini-fridge and cute sized microwave. Also, coffee pot and mugs and dish towel. Under the sink there was paper plates and two sets of plastic silverware. The fridge is decent sized, but there is no freezer.
There is only one TV that is placed on a stand on the small dresser between the bedroom and living area. There is only a small wall dividing the two rooms. The TV was a bit wobbly because the stand was broken. The bathroom was small also. The sink is outside of the bathroom and was also small. There is complimentary Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap.
The bed was comfortable. The AC unit is loud when it is on. The free internet was also ok. Sometimes we would lose connection. But, it was free.
There is a small fitness room downstairs although we didn't use it. We also saw the outdoor pool and it was also very small. The complimentary breakfast buffet is right in the lobby. It can get really crowded in the morning and there isn't enough tables for people to sit at. It was a very typical buffet with cereals, bagels, english muffins, juices, coffee, milk, yogurt, bananas, oranges, sausage and eggs.
There is an abundance of places to eat nearby within walking and driving distance. Also, the mall is a few miles away. A grocery store is about 1 or 2 miles away also. Arcadia also has a pretty big Asian influence. There was quite a bit of Asian restaurants and bakeries and dessert places. We absolutely loved that aspect as we were able to try different things we can't get here.
Overall, the hotel is just OK. I would stay again only if I could get the discounted rate through Priceline. Otherwise, I think I would try staying next door at the Hilton Garden Inn or across the street at Embassy Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Pasadena hotel in Arcadia located at the corner of Huntington Drive and N 2nd Avenue. Enjoy free hotel-wide WiFi, a daily breakfast buffet, parking, and a convenient location just a short walk from the Arcadia Shopping Center, Bonita Park, and the Santa Anita Race Track. Our spacious king and double-queen suites offer plush Marriott bedding, a separate living space with a pull out sofa, a wet-bar with microwave and mini-fridge, 32" TV with 14 HD channels, a work space, and suites featuring beautiful views of the Angeles National Forest. Take a dip in the pool, unwind in the hot tub, or keep up your health in the 24-hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Pasadena Arcadia Hotel Arcadia
- Springhill Suites Arcadia
- Arcadia Springhill Suites