“Clean, comfortable, and great value”

SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Enjoyed a 3 night stay while visiting friends & family in the area. Price was more reasonable than Old Pasadena area, but hotel close enough (by car) to Pasadena. Housekeeping, maintenance, breakfast, & front desk staff were exceptional! They were professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly. Michael Kostci at the front desk stood out.
Breakfast provided healthy selections-yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, bran, fat-free milk, walnuts, & dried fruits. In addition, there was a waffle machine, pastries, sugar cereal, juice & some hot selections. Seating was limited, but did not present an obvious problem.
The room was clean & had a fresh smell. Also, mini-fridge was nice.
The fitness room provided great a/c, a treadmill, bike and elliptical machine that appeared newer and in good working order, & a flat screen TV with good channel selection.
The hotel was in a great area with numerous restaurants on Huntington Blvd(including a SBux). Also, 24 hour, In & Out, and a park were all within a 15 minute walk.
The facility was on par for hotels in this price range, but I thought the service & amenities were excellent for the price range.
I liked everything about this hotel & will definitely stay again when I am in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sldarizona
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for detailed excellent review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's clean & fresh suites, friendly service, free Hot Buffet Breakfast, location, fitness room, and many other amenities. I have passed your comments on to the staff members and departments that you mentioned and we look forward to having you as a guest again when you are in the area. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My time in Arcadia, CA. started with a horrible and very disappointing experience when I checked in to the extended stay . I was in from New Orleans, La. On business. My room smelled, their where couples arguing at 3am in the morning. I wanted out!! I decided to source another hotel and found the Springhill suites Marriott in Arcadia, Michael Koski was the rep. I felt he would have done anything to make a difference for me. Now i had a budget for my stay and then the sales rep. Tatiana knew exactly what to do for me. I'm really feeling on a roll and excited. All my needs are being met and I'm ready to get some well deserved rest. This place looks great it has a five-star look in\ out. Then it gets even better . I was able to enjoy a great breakfast with great people Janet Roldan and Ashley B. Worked hard to make it a dinning experience WOWED ME!! Then everyday I was given the royalty treatment by the front desk reps. Katrina Estrada, Tina Eng, and Michael Koski. You need it, need to know it they can find it. Very impressive team. Thank you guys. I have now stayed in this location three different times and it keeps getting better.

Room Tip: They will do what every it takes to get it right. Don't worry.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the great review! I have shared your comments with our team of associates as they really demonstrate what we believed, "that people make the difference". Here at SpringHill Suites Arcadia we offer Spacious Suites, Free Hot Breakfast, and many other amenities that make our hotel a great value, but I am thrilled to hear that our teams understanding of your needs is what really made the difference. Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I attended a business function at stayed at the SpringHill Suites Pasadena/Arcadia.
My room was not ready at time to check in so I had to return. There was some kind of softball tournament going on near by and the hotel was over booked and the staff did not seem prepared to handle a full hotel. Service was not up Marriott standards. The room was clean and very comfortable but service poor

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our property and service. It is thru direct feedback like yours that we are able to maintain, and improve our levels of service at our hotels.
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Arcadia for your lodging needs, and look forward to see you next time you visit the Arcadia-Pasadena area.

Zachariah Morris

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was in Pasadena for a sporting event and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I got two adjoining rooms for the family. We stayed on the 3rd floor.
The hotel was great for what we wanted - nice, clean and quiet. The rooms aren't new but were well kept and had a good amount of space. It was walking distance to about 15 restaurants ranging from basic to high end. There was a grocery store a few blocks away and the freeway access was a few minutes away as well. Check in and check out was fine.
The breakfast was pretty boring but the staff were all helpful.
I read a few reviews about a noisy AC unit and that was true - but we didn't use it much. I have also spent a lot of time travelling around the world and a noisy AC isn't a concern to me but could be for some people.
I heard the hotel is getting a revamp later this year or early next year.
Oh and the jacuzzi was the hottest I've ever been in! Beware!

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel, 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location. The hotel is in a great area near a huge variety of restaurants and shopping that is ideal for traveling sports teams. Additionally, your comments regard the friendly staff are appreciated. Since your visit with us we have added new breakfast items and hope that when you are in the area again will consider our hotel for your home base.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed here three nights with my husband and two kids (ages 2 and 9) at end of June. We actually got a really good rate through bidding on Priceline. Check in was a breeze. The lady at checking us in told me my room had been pre-paid since we used priceline and we were assigned a room with a king size bed on the 4th floor. There were free Chupa Chup lollipops on the check in counter. I took two for my kids. There is free parking all around the hotel.

The elevators worked fine. Sometimes it could be a bit slow. The room was okay for our purposes. The sofabed was smaller than expected, but it was enough for my 9 year old son. There is a very small sink and countertop in the small living area with desk. There is also a mini-fridge and cute sized microwave. Also, coffee pot and mugs and dish towel. Under the sink there was paper plates and two sets of plastic silverware. The fridge is decent sized, but there is no freezer.

There is only one TV that is placed on a stand on the small dresser between the bedroom and living area. There is only a small wall dividing the two rooms. The TV was a bit wobbly because the stand was broken. The bathroom was small also. The sink is outside of the bathroom and was also small. There is complimentary Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap.

The bed was comfortable. The AC unit is loud when it is on. The free internet was also ok. Sometimes we would lose connection. But, it was free.

There is a small fitness room downstairs although we didn't use it. We also saw the outdoor pool and it was also very small. The complimentary breakfast buffet is right in the lobby. It can get really crowded in the morning and there isn't enough tables for people to sit at. It was a very typical buffet with cereals, bagels, english muffins, juices, coffee, milk, yogurt, bananas, oranges, sausage and eggs.

There is an abundance of places to eat nearby within walking and driving distance. Also, the mall is a few miles away. A grocery store is about 1 or 2 miles away also. Arcadia also has a pretty big Asian influence. There was quite a bit of Asian restaurants and bakeries and dessert places. We absolutely loved that aspect as we were able to try different things we can't get here.

Overall, the hotel is just OK. I would stay again only if I could get the discounted rate through Priceline. Otherwise, I think I would try staying next door at the Hilton Garden Inn or across the street at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank waiomaogirl

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Our goal at the SpringHill Suites Arcadia to Wow every guest and I am sorry that your stay was "just ok". Next time you are in the area please contact me personally, and I will do I can to insure that your next stay is a great experience. Zachariah Morris, General Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2012

What's good: The location, with lots of great places to eat within walking distance.

What's OK: The beds. Comfortable and easy to sleep on.

What's awful: A lot. I'll start with the air conditioner, which was noisy and impossible to adjust. On, it was noisy and way too cold. Off, it eventually would make you turn it on.

I'll move on to the maid service, which was atrocious. Although we left at 10:00 a.m. or before, our room had not been cleaned when we returned at 4:00 p.m. Only by vociferous complaining did they make up the room between 5:00 and 5:30.

The breakfast: Totally miserable. Bad coffee, horrible food. Nothing healthy. Even Holiday Inn does better. And not nearly enough space to eat, and during busy times, they run out of stuff. The breakfast person did all she could in a chronically bad situation, so I blame this on bad management. I'll add, they have a waffle machine (good!). But only one, which means you can wait for over ten minutes for it to become free. Better hotels with better management have responded to that problem by adding an extra waffle maker.

Oh, and one super-horrible thing is: No plates. No cups. No silverware. What you get is all plastic, and plastic of the lowest possible quality.

The staff: "I can' t fix that problem, I'm only a desk clerk." Which may be true, but it's hardly an excuse. There should be managers on duty at all times, who have authority to solve problems.

The Internet. I don't think in five or more years, I've found a guest computer that was slower. So slow it was impossible to load pages from Facebook, and these days, for some of us, Facebook is an essential part of staying connected. The staff's answer: "We've complained about this and hope they will replace the computer." May I add, they have signs for a "business center" but there is no longer a business center. Just the lame computer in the lobby.

The place has only a temporary manager who could not be reached to deal with my complaints.. My guess is, they're just going to shut the place down and don't care that for the time being it is a disgrace to the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Hmm. In a few years, the Gold Line train will run right outside your window. Whether that's a pl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank srca
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us. I appreciate your comments and apologize that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay.

Your feedback on our complimentary breakfast is valuable and we are in the process of updating the layout of the breakfast room and improve our choices.

I have personally addressed your concerns with the staff and made changes where necessary. Please note that the hotel is in the process of undergoing renovations this fall and I feel the majority of your concerns will be alleviated.

Upon your return to Arcadia please contact me directly to ensure your next stay with us is everything you've come to expect from the Springhill Suites by Marriott brand. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please call the hotel and ask to be connected to me directly."

Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Great value for a comfortable stay, good breakfast and easy trip to APU

• Stayed: August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia? Share your experiences!