“Awful Marriott property. Staff stole my prescription medication.”

SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Naperville, Illinois
“Awful Marriott property. Staff stole my prescription medication.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a Marriott Platinum member. This is the worst Spring Hill suites I have ever stayed at. Do not stay here. Stay at one of the other hotels or brands within a 1/2 mile radius.
The rooms are old and worn out. There was some type of mechanical issue with each room I was in.
I forgot a bottle of prescription medication in the room when I checked out. A few hours later when I called the hotel, they pretended that they never found it. Terrible. Who knows what they did with it.
I emailed the General Manager, and he never even bothered to write me back. Everything about this hotel is wrong and completely unacceptable. This place doesn't deserve any business.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Frquentravlr
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Freqtravlr,

I am sorry that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations and we were not able to locate your left behind item. I appreciate that you took the time to communicate with me on this issue and I am happy that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

I am also happy to inform you that hotel is currently undergoing a full renovation as we look forward to welcoming guest with our brand new look starting this summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A lovely hotel experience. I have stayed at many SpringHill Suites in AZ and CA, and this is one of the best! This is an upscale hotel with a convenient location. It is in the center of Arcadia, and close to the 210 freeway. However, there is no freeway noise or traffic. The room is large with a nice area for computer use. The breakfast area is roomy, and the hotel offers a variety of yummy, healthy foods for breakfast. The hotel staff is friendly and knowledgeable, providing information on a variety of interests in the LA area.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the upper floors because I love to look out of the windows and see the view of Arc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Rhea A.,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our SpringHill Suites Arcadia. I am so glad that you enjoyed the healthy items we offer at our complimentary breakfast and great location.

Thank you again!
New York, USA
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights with the family. The hotel is nice, clean and quiet. The area is nice, there are good restaurants within walking distance. Overall not bad at all.

One small but pretty annoying problem - the staff at breakfast is not very nice.

The breakfast ends at 10:00AM on the weekends and I was unfortunate enough to ask for a piece of cheese at 10:04. You should have seen the look that lady gave me and told me that the breakfast hours were over

Hah?

Sorry for the rant but this has never happened to me at any Marriott property ( and I should know as I use Marriott all the time for business travel )

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your candid review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be clean and comfortable with a great location. I am though disappointed to hear of how our breakfast staff failed to meet your small request. I have addressed this issue with our entire team to insure that our guest needs are meet. Thank you again for your review and loyality to Marriott.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We plan to stay here again when we visit the nearby gardens and park. The suite had all the necessities including a refrigerator and microwave. The self-serve breakfast (included) was somewhat disappointing--the biscuits were granite, so I substituted a croissant which was cold from the refrigerator but tasted great. The coffee was weak. The fruit was only strawberries and sliced peaches. People had to wait for a table to open up. We may find a local restaurant for breakfast the next time we stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the silence of a top floor end room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! We appreciate your candid feedback about our great location, clean rooms, and complimentary breakfast buffet. We depend our valued customers comments and will use your comments to improve our services.

Thank you again!
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hotel is nice, up to Sprinhill Suites standard, clean, staff is friendly. I stayed there on business for few days. One evening (after 6PM), when I was on the phone, someone started to operate extremely noisy carpet cleaning machine right outside my door. I think there is enough time during the day, when guests are out, to do work like this. Outside work started on property at about 8:30 - 8:45, part of parking was closed as workers were remodeling landscape. Other than that, breakfasts were very good, cold cuts, eggs, waffles, cereals and fruits. Air-condition was noisy, but this is common problem at Springhill Suites...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Arcadia. We really appreciate your positive comments about our Facilities, Complimentary Hot Breakfast, and Friendly Staff. Regarding the noise issue that you encounted from the carpet cleaning, I apologize. We normally schedule routine upkeep at a time that minimizes the impact to our guest. Thank you again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Called their manager, Zachary [--]. He ignored the numerous voicemails left. He promised to credit back $114 in 7 days. Nothing happened. No feedback. Poor follow through. This guy needs a wake up a call.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank benzfan15
Southern California
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I would first like to say that although this is far away from Pasadena it is in an excellent location with several shopping and restaurant choices very close by. The hotel itself is very small so if it is busy dont expect to check in early. Lets start with the pros and then move into the cons:

PROS: Excellent Breakfast with plenty of choices including healthy options
Convenient to the freeway but far enough away not to hear it.
Friendly and helpful staff, even after being I was not so kind to them
Plenty of onsite parking.
Comfortable Bed-Medium Firm
Microwave and Medium size Frig in room
CONS: The room is a bit outdated
There were stains on some of the furniture
Room layout was a bit odd
Room size would only work with 2 adults and maybe one small kid
Too much furniture for the room size

Having said all that I may come back to this location and truthfully on the furniture I dont know what I would remove to make it work better, the room just feels a bit small although functional. It is fine for maybe two nights stay but there are better choices in the immediate area for longer stays. This location could really shine if they updated and remodeled the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the front of the hotel, although when the Gold Line is completed this may no...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heumanntouch
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for the review! I am so glad that you enjoyed our Complimentary Hot Breakfast and the variety of items. I was also glad to hear that our friendly helpful staff and great location were real pluses during your stay. We are proud to offer a clean and comfortable hotel, but are also really excited that hotel will being going through a major refresh this Spring. Please visit us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town

Been to SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia? Share your experiences!