“Not relaxing Place”

SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Took 2 Grandchildren for the weekend to swim, relax and just get away. TOO much noise and TRAFFIC due to the construction. Hung out by the pool most of the time - dirt trucks, back up horns and sirens, men yelling to each other, hammering noise from the rooms, looked up and one of the kids thought a window frame was about to fall on the parked cars. Men watching and starring at the girls and the children in the pool. VERY uncomfortable. Couldn't they work during the week and leave the weekends for vacationers??? Room was just okay - beds are old and you sink into them, linens are old, bathtub floor was cracked and had a puddle right in the middle where you could easily slip. For the price I expected A LOT more. This was my first time there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Zachariah M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was impacted by the work activity associated with our Multi-Million Dollar renovation.

The renovation will be wrapping up in a few short weeks and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to the new improved SpringHill Suites Arcadia / Pasadena.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Convenient central location to Arcadia and Monrovia. Rooms are in dire need up being refurbished: dresser and tables are scuffed and dented, light fixture in bathroom is missing its cover, AC unit created puddle of water below it. Breakfast was OK and needs more seats. Pool area is very nice and well maintained

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us while in the Pasadena / Arcadia area. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar total hotel renovations. We would be delighted to welcome you back once our renovation is complete!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have continued to stay at this hotel for many years even though the hotel is getting tired through the years as my in-Laws are living within the vicinity. I have enjoyed the staffs through the years.

This time, We checked in around 11:27pm at night and booked for 8 days and is going through a renovation. The hotel did not have 2 queens beds available. The night front desk gentleman told us that the requested room was no longer available since it is full therefore he accomodated us with 2 rooms for the duration of the stay. I said to myself, I really like this hotel and their professionalism even though it is getting old. But 3 days later, another morning front desk personnel told us that we have to get out of the rooms because they now have a lot of empty rooms with 2 queens beds.
I was flabbergasted that she actually is saying it.
First of all, why would you ask the customer who is booking for 8 days to pack up and leaves to another room when you have plenty of rooms available?
Secondly, for business and customer relationship; regardless of what your bottom line number, you do NOT ask the customer to pack up?
I relayed the message to the afternoon front desk and he said well, we have to look at our numbers. Boy, bad bad customer relationship and that is NOT how you treat customer and LACK of Professionalism.
Where is Customer Relationship and Professionalism!!!!! Well, it definitely went down the drain.
I have been a Marriott's customer for many many years during my traveling days and now. I have never seen this type of customer relationship from any Marriott that I have been in the USA or around the world. Marriott does make mistakes and have issues here and there but NEVER lacks Professionalism.

I have to give Cleanliness/Service a "3" this time because of the wonderful night front desk young man. It would have been less if the young man was not helpful.
When we walked into the room on Friday night, it was dirty. Hairs were on the bed sheets and cover and the bathroom had backup dirty water. No soap, shampoo to wash. I then called downstairs and asked the night front desk (love him) to give me new bed sheets and cover so I can replace the dirty ones.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thu P
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I was sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was not up to our normal high standard. It is our goal to make each of our guest feel at home, and I was disappointed to learn that we fell short. We are undergoing a complete hotel renovation so next time you are in town please contact me and I will make sure your stay is the great experience you are used to at the SpringHill Suites.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a Marriott Platinum member. This is the worst Spring Hill suites I have ever stayed at. Do not stay here. Stay at one of the other hotels or brands within a 1/2 mile radius.
The rooms are old and worn out. There was some type of mechanical issue with each room I was in.
I forgot a bottle of prescription medication in the room when I checked out. A few hours later when I called the hotel, they pretended that they never found it. Terrible. Who knows what they did with it.
I emailed the General Manager, and he never even bothered to write me back. Everything about this hotel is wrong and completely unacceptable. This place doesn't deserve any business.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Frquentravlr
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Freqtravlr,

I am sorry that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations and we were not able to locate your left behind item. I appreciate that you took the time to communicate with me on this issue and I am happy that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

I am also happy to inform you that hotel is currently undergoing a full renovation as we look forward to welcoming guest with our brand new look starting this summer!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A lovely hotel experience. I have stayed at many SpringHill Suites in AZ and CA, and this is one of the best! This is an upscale hotel with a convenient location. It is in the center of Arcadia, and close to the 210 freeway. However, there is no freeway noise or traffic. The room is large with a nice area for computer use. The breakfast area is roomy, and the hotel offers a variety of yummy, healthy foods for breakfast. The hotel staff is friendly and knowledgeable, providing information on a variety of interests in the LA area.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the upper floors because I love to look out of the windows and see the view of Arc...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Rhea A.,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our SpringHill Suites Arcadia. I am so glad that you enjoyed the healthy items we offer at our complimentary breakfast and great location.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights with the family. The hotel is nice, clean and quiet. The area is nice, there are good restaurants within walking distance. Overall not bad at all.

One small but pretty annoying problem - the staff at breakfast is not very nice.

The breakfast ends at 10:00AM on the weekends and I was unfortunate enough to ask for a piece of cheese at 10:04. You should have seen the look that lady gave me and told me that the breakfast hours were over

Hah?

Sorry for the rant but this has never happened to me at any Marriott property ( and I should know as I use Marriott all the time for business travel )

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Zachariah M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your candid review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be clean and comfortable with a great location. I am though disappointed to hear of how our breakfast staff failed to meet your small request. I have addressed this issue with our entire team to insure that our guest needs are meet. Thank you again for your review and loyality to Marriott.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We plan to stay here again when we visit the nearby gardens and park. The suite had all the necessities including a refrigerator and microwave. The self-serve breakfast (included) was somewhat disappointing--the biscuits were granite, so I substituted a croissant which was cold from the refrigerator but tasted great. The coffee was weak. The fruit was only strawberries and sliced peaches. People had to wait for a table to open up. We may find a local restaurant for breakfast the next time we stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the silence of a top floor end room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! We appreciate your candid feedback about our great location, clean rooms, and complimentary breakfast buffet. We depend our valued customers comments and will use your comments to improve our services.

Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia? Share your experiences!