“Could be a great hotel”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Central California
“Could be a great hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

In the midst of a remodel, so some sketchy carpet stains,abundant trash & cigarette butts (for days) in the parking lot and by the entrance. A real shocker was NO SHAMPOO is provided, and NO HAIR DRYER!( I have always considered these staples). There is a toaster, microwave, fridge, sink, dishes & pots & pans and iron/board. The "kitchen" was not yet remodeled, so a big burn mark on counter, and the fridge hummed loudly. Not a lot of attention to detail cleaning, obviously with sticky smudges on nightstand, curly hairs trapped in corners & very dusty lamps--some that didn't work. Another "different" surprise was NO FREE DAILY MAID SERVICE, unless you are there 5 days. (You have to take your towels to the front desk if you want new ones. ). They advertise a "grab & go" breakfast with muffins, but they didn't have muffins the 3 days I was there. On the positive side: the staff were all very nice and helpful. My first "no smoking" room had obviously had smokers, and I had no trouble getting a new room within 10 minutes.I felt safe about the area, and leaving my car in the parking lot. All in all, it was worth what I paid for it, but I still think it should have had shampoo and a hair dryer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has already been done over.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy, Also maintaining the "Grab and Go Breakfest coffee bar is part of our staff's regular routine, and you were right to expect the availability of these items during its operation. In response to your post, I have brought your comments to the attention of our entire team and we will all strive to ensure that we meet your satisfaction in the future. The staff have been asked to better communicate the availability of the hairdryers, shampoo and other amenities available at the front desk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hampton, VA
Reviewed 31 May 2012

10/10; Extended Stay, 930 S 5th Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016. Big fan of Extended Stay. Great value for the dollar. Outer appearance: Clean and secure. Service: Outstanding. Staff bends over backwards to meet your needs! Room: Free Wi-Fi, Flat panel wide screen TV with Direct TV. Overall very CLEAN! Comfy bed. Furniture in good shape. Bathroom is clean. Convenient location and well lit. Takes military/AAA discounts. Ask for Stephanie...she will hook you up!! I will absolutely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Second floor is non smoking. It is very close to restaurants and shopping!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles-Monrovia. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Arcadia, California
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The hotel has free wifi. Not sure what is free when the wifi internet is slow all the times. The hotel staff is also not as co-operative always direct you to talk to tech support. Needed to talk to tech support for internet most of the times during the stay to get the internet working.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our WiFi access. Extended Stay Hotels strives to provide a stable, high-speed Internet connection at every hotel. Our networks are designed to support normal internet use, such as email, basic web-surfing, and VPN connections. Although our guests typically enjoy quick uploads and downloads, speeds are variable and can be affected by guest activity, such as streaming video and music content and online gaming. Be assured that your comments are very valuable to us as we work with our Internet providers to create a reliable online experience for all of our guests.

San Diego
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for years and the overall quality has gone down the drain but this could be due to their bankruptcy filing two years ago. However, I kept coming back because the staff is the best! They care about you and go out of their way to make sure they accommodate all your requests to the best of their ability. The hotel is currently undergoing some major renovations and its looking wonderful. New beds, new flat screen tvs, and I even heard they will be bringing breakfast. I'm sure ill be more than happy with my future stays with this hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms away from the freeway if noise is an issue.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!