“Brandon was a huge help”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 31 January 2013

With such a great price you would not expect great service as well. Brandon helped me modify my reservation over the phone in mere seconds and answered a lot of questions too. He was professional and genuine.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I will be sure to let Brandon know about your kind words!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have been traveling in and out of the Arcadia area for about three months now and every time I come I stay here. You simply cant beat the price especially for what you get. Full refrigerator, which is hard to get anywhere! If your looking for five star amenities then don't stay but for the price its great and clean (Around 100). The staff is outstanding and very helpful. We usually make all our reservations with Brandon and he is outstanding. Martha the manager is always very pleasant and helpful at check-out. The breakfast is nothing to special but it was completely free and the coffee was surprisingly good. Great location near many restaurants and bars. Overall Clean and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the parking lot for a quieter stay
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Maria - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Extended Stay Arcadia for our long awaited trip to the Breeders Cup 2012. The location was perfect for us, within walking distance to the track. The staff was very friendly and helpful, calling cabs for us on numerous occasions and allowing us to check out later than usual due to a late flight. The room was very comfortable, although it could have used a "deep cleaning." I was disappointed to learn that this property is booked for the dates of Breeders Cup 2013, and have had to book another hotel in Pasadena.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Kimberley - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

This hotel is very near City of Hope Medical Center. I had a procedure there in the early morning, so I elected to stay in a hotel the night before. I was only going to be there to sleep, so I wanted an inexpensive option. Big mistake. The staff was busy socializing and didn't seem very interested in helping me. Room was not very clean. Under the bathroom counter was not swept or mopped. Shower curtain had mildew. They advertised grab and go breakfast. Coffee pots were empty, no fruit or muffins, which had been advertised and no visible staff to offer assistance.

I can't imagine making this an extended stay. Glad to have left.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and especially for the breakfast issues. Our goal is to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay and get good value but in your case we were not able to do so. Please feel free to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com if you need to discuss this isssue further. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My family and I stayed at the Extended Stay both in Arcadia and Monrovia, the sister property located two blocks away. Both are suffering from the same personnel issues. Lack of cleanliness, lack of maintenance, potsmokers on the weekends and overall druggies using the motels as a weekend party location. I stayed there while our house was being renovated and we experienced the ac going out twice, smoke going through the bath vents into our rooms, pot smoke from the neighbors two doors away and management doing nothing to addess the issues. All of this occurred while the new advertising campaign about the new and "refreshed" motel locations. The only thing refreshed is the rooms offered to international guests and the newly "increased and refreshed" rates. Management has to be replaced and security enhanced for me to recommend this motel ever again. While there a person robbed the Verizon store at the location adjacent to the motel and ran into the Extended Stay and hid in the building. On our second week, the Monrovia police raided a room and the guests took off through the windows and left the police there looking at each trying to figure out where they went. The property and management need to be replaced. If you have dogs...well...that's the place to stay. It smells of dogs and dog feces since the carpets are not cleaned on a regular basis. All in all, if you are from out of state prepare to wear your shoes all over the property including indoors. Would recommend the breakfast either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished on the third floor away from the riff raff on the first flo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

David - Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

As well, we make guest safety our number one priority. I do apologize if you thought some of our guests were impolite; however, I can assure you that our guests are in good standing. Still, I will speak with the staff, and look into the situation your described. Additionally, the outside situations you described were not related to our property and I promise that you were never in harms way. I apologize if hearing about them scared you.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I checked in on a Friday evening to find that the bathroom was discussing. Food particles all in the fridge and drawers. Gobs of soap scum on the shower walls, soap ring where someone else shampoo bottle was, soap and tooth paste scum all over the sink faucet. And worst of all there was a feces stain in the desk chair. When I alerted the desk about it they sent in a maid with a bottle of Dial dish soap and a sponge. After a 30 second wipe she said she was done. There was no change to been seen by me. That Monday I spoke with the Manager and told her about the situation and the chair. She said she would have the room "deep cleaned" and the chair replaced. When I got back that evening the only thing done was the bed was maid and the towels replaced. The chair was still there and the shower was still discusting. Once again I spoke with the manager and she stated that she looked at the room and seen nothing wrong. I had to litteraly drag her into the room where I pointed out the obvious stain in the chair and nasty soap trails in the bathroom including the sink. She was quick to say that she would have the sink replaced. Replaced? All it needed was a good cleaning. She and the cleaning lady cleaned the bathroom for about half an hour and when she was done came and asked me to take a look. The shower was clean and the sink was spotless. I told her that all it needed was a little elbow grease and it didn't need to be replaced. After they cleaned the remainder of the room. On top of that the internet is at a snails pace even at night when most are asleep. I averaged .37Mbps down and .17Mbps up in speed tests. I couldn't even use it for Outlook so I ended up tethering from my phone with 4G. So in closing I would have to say stay away from here. They clean with non-disinfecting dish soap and don't know the meaning of clean.

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pathfinder52
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The hotel is in a great area, near by freeways & restaurants. The staff is very helpful & polite, my family & I have always had a great experience. My pets were welcomed too. Very cozy room, so it is home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank twinsjnk
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!