“Basics were there”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Had to stay for a couple of days while my home was fumigated. Prices were reasonable and pet friendly (25 extra a day for my cat). Beds were comfortable, for hotel beds, room was clean and well kept. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay for a couple of nights was pleasant while they fumigated your house. Our staff members are pleased to hear about your great experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I ended up in this hotel because my company arranged it for me. When it comes to the Arcadia area near the race track. There are many places to choose from: Embassy Suites, Spring Hill Suites, Doubletree hotel, etc etc. Arcadia is famous to host conferences and in the Spring you have a lot of horse races at Santa Anita Race track so all these places get full really quickly. I stayed there for two weeks before moving with my friend to the Embassy Suites in Arcadia. I didnt care for the bed quality, it is next to the freeway it can get noisy. Their breakfast is a joke: bananas and coffee? The kitchen doesnt come with any utensils so pretty much worthless. I would never come back here again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JB1202
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature at our hotel, and as we continue to make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind. As well, I sincerely apologize that your in-room kitchen was not properly stocked and that the bed in your room was not comfortable. Please know, I have made our staff aware of these issues and we are currently working to correct them.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Rosa and the staff where very great they make you feel right at home. The room was very clean and well maintained. The hotel in very close to excellent eating establishment and shopping. If you need a place to stay this is a good stop.

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thomas - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. I'm glad that our staff made your stay a true "home away from home" experience.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The management is terrible. Twice I've had to speak to Martha who didn't feel she needed to take responsibility for over charging my card, not once, but twice. For some reason, there were two rooms checked out under my name and were being charged for both rooms, when I only signed for one. She kept promising it would be handled and taken care of. I gave up talking to her, but went on to talk to a person under her whom was able to get the job done. Rosa was magnificent. She looked at the issue and within two days the credit was back on my card. Also, I had to walk down to the front desk four times reminding them of my house keeping day, never seeing it cleaned correctly. From time to time, I would see her purposely going out of her way making other guests feel uncomfortable. The hotel was under construction and many guests were in the process of moving from one room to another. She gave three particular guests hell, not wanting to help or ensure their stay was satisfactory. This is a tip for upper management! They should have a degree and be able to write and spell correctly. Everything she wrote, had grammatical errors, with misspelled words and incorrect verbiage. It made her and the hotel look bad. The rest of the staff were extremely hospitable and more knowledgeable than she. Rosa, or Kelli should be manager -- not her.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank R H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our staff was not able to resolve your billing inquiry in a timely manner. Still, I am very happy to hear that Rosa on our front desk team was able to assist and process your refund. I also wanted to take a moment to apologize about the inconvenience the renovations at the hotel have caused during your stay. We are very excited for the renovations to be complete and will continue to try our best to ensure they do not affect any of our guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided as we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've been stayng here for the past year and i'm enjoying the newly renovated rooms which are wonderful and better than the old rooms These rooms are fresh and clean thanks to the awsome housekeepers Silva,Fransica,Narsica,Adela and Ceclilia. The entire staff including front desk Corina,Kelli,David,Ashley,Rosa,Furmin and Eric are friendly, helpful and professional.Especially the maintenance man Julio who fixed my A/C in my room.The whole staff makes me feel at home.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elly E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Elly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our entire staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the brand new, renovated room. I will be sure to share all of your remarks with the entire team.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I've stayed here a few months, having the best experience ever. The staff is excellent. They're extremely courteous, sweet, helpful and very friendly. Rosa, Corina, Kelli, Ashley, Fermin, David, Erik and Brandon have great work ethics, having a great chemistry with (not only) one another, but the customers that come in. The professionalism they have is un canning. There haven't been many hotels that I've stayed at that have great, and fast working house keepers, but this particular location has friendly house keepers who have gone the extra mile for myself and family members. They ensure their is clean linen, round the clock towel service, from customers requesting more utensils have been honored and executed in a timely manner. For instance, there was a leaky faucet that required us to move rooms. Not only, were they extremely apologetic but the response time was minutes from their knowledge of the situation. They switched our room instantly having us move into a larger more spacious place that accommodated myself and family a lot better. I, not only recommend this hotel to friends living outside of the area, but have listed it as one of our favorite places to stay to some local coworkers. Their accommodations include free wifi, a grab and go breakfast that helps boost your day. The location is convenient, too. Not only is it settled on a nice quiet street, directly off the main strip, but it's in walking distance to Monrovia's Restaurant Row able to satisfy anyone's palate of desire. The price is reasonable for this area and is well maintained. I will definitely stay here again in the near or far future.

Room Tip: If you have children, the first floor is highly recommended. This hotel has is set where smokers li...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank D C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our entire front desk staff, including our housekeepers, made your stay a pleasant experience. As well, that they did a great job of responding to your every need. Please accept my apologies for the leaky faucet that required you to move rooms. We are working to repair this.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

These two are outstanding staff members. They are very welcoming friendly attentive and respond very quickly to any issues. My bed was so comfortable and am enjoying my stay. I also want to mention the housekeeping staff They always smile and say hello. The only issue I have is that not all pet owners are responsible and fail to pick up after their pets. Perhaps a sweep once a day will help those who are responsible not to have to watch out for the mess and smell as they are taking care of their dogs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to her that our staff made you feel welcome and we responded to your every need. Please accept my apologies for the pet litter you found outside. We try to stress to our guests how important it is to clean up after them; however, this does not always resonate. Nevertheless, we appreciate your suggestion to cover the area ourselves and are working on procedures to make that happen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!