“Nice for the price”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have been staying 3-4 months at a time at hotels around the US and when we got rate that we did I thought we were in trouble. But after checking in and staying a while we are every pleased. Thank you E.S.A.

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we made your 4 month stay pleasant; our staff will be happy to hear such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here solely because my job sent me to this location. Half of us were split between the two sister properties while on assignment, and boy...

...did we get the raw end of the deal! From the time we checked in, only one person knew what was going on. There was a line at the front desk because there wasn't enough staff on duty. Apparently, she was searching in the clean pile for wash clothes and towels. Every day, this was an adventure and they never had enough. Rosa seemed to be one of the only people on target. Kelli was the other worker who seemed cheerful as well as helpful. Unfortunately, Jonathan was not. Not only, was he lost in terms of checking people in and out, but he never seemed to grasp the concept that he is working customer service. He used the excuse that he was new and still training. Unfortunately, another guest explained he has been there for 5 months, so how can he be considered new? David acted as if he didn't want to be there, not willing to lend a hand. Martha the manager feels she can speak to guests however she feels pushing the blame onto guests in lieu of her untrained idiotic staff. All-in-all, this place was infested with prostitutes, druggies and children with no respect for others.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for about 3 weeks earlier this year because it is one of the few hotels that offers a full kitchen in this area at a reasonable rate. The only other reason I stayed here was because of its friendly staff who go out of their way to help their guests, especially Rosa, Kelli and Martha. All three of them are highly professional, very helpful and a joy to deal with. Unfortunately, the hotel is in a bad location and it tries to cater to a lot of low-income people. As a result, it is not unusual to see police officers on the premises every so often. The rooms badly need maintenance. In our room, the air-conditioning unit did not work for days and some of the lights never worked due to electrical problems which were never fixed. The laundry facilities and the storage area behind the front desk are extremely dirty and are not cleaned for days. But what it lacks in amenities is somewhat made up by the great service, hard work and the spirit of hospitality on the part of the those staff members mentioned above.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for returning to our hotel because of our friendly staff, it is our pleasure to go above and beyond for our guest. I am sorry to hear that your room had maintenance issues with your air-conditioning unit and lights. In response to your feedback our Maintenance staff will inspect all guest rooms to ensure the functionality of all amenities.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I believe Extended Stay America has a great concept with their hotels. I appreciate the style, comfort, and ease of use. Unfortunately, this particular one is backed up right against a freeway, crawling with drug addicts, and littered with prostitution. I had a hard time getting a restful nights sleep with the heavy doors slamming constantly and I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN!! I realize you get what you pay for but they could at least be a little more selective with who they permit to stay. Also, unless you want to wake up with a tight feeling in your chest, don't stay on the third floor because it's a non-smoker's nightmare. For a working man or family without a home, Extended Stay is a great fit. I would never stay at this particular one ever again though. As far as the employees, they were pleasant to deal with and courteous. Two especially stood out to me. Kelli and Corinna. They were always very friendly and handled every situation in a professional manner.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Traveltoad18
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear your stay was not pleasant with the noise experience on the 3rd floor. In response to your feedback, I am going to have my team supervise disturbances by checking floors regularly.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I simply have to stay mostly in Extended stay when I travel to client location and I love it because I have kitchen to cook.
Its nice area with loads of choice of restaurants around.
The only problem I face was the internet wi fi and so I had to change couple of rooms to finally arrive on one that suited a bit.
My stay was more than 3 months in here and well all went well except for the fact that I had to travel to Pasadena that took daily 2 hrs journey.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms towards restaurants as the other side is the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you love our hotel because of the kitchen which allows you cook meals during your stay. Sorry to hear only a few mile distance was a long drive due to traffic. Still, I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I happened to stay in Extended Stay America hotel for more than 2 months. I enjoyed my stay here very well and place is highly calm. All the front desk people and house keeping staff are very courteous and friendly and are always available for helping the Guest.

Rates are nominal and good too. They provide free breakfast along with fruits.

The only concern about the breakfast is, they need to provide the food that can taken in the early morning like bread, cheese, Jam, juice, egg scrambles etc. These types of food are healthy and good to have in the morning.

I will definitively recommend Extended Stay America hotel for anyone and in case, if I get to chance to stay in USA, my first preference would be Extended Stay America hotel

Room Tip: Chose for the second floor or third floor room and also it would be better, if ask for near by exit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Prasad - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we made your stay a home away from home experience. Its great to hear that all the front desk, housekeeping staff were very courteous and helpful with all your needs and request.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Had to stay for a couple of days while my home was fumigated. Prices were reasonable and pet friendly (25 extra a day for my cat). Beds were comfortable, for hotel beds, room was clean and well kept. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay for a couple of nights was pleasant while they fumigated your house. Our staff members are pleased to hear about your great experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!