“Delicious Pizza in a Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Arcadia, California
“Delicious Pizza in a Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We gratefully regard Zelo's as our neighborhood hang-out. We love the cornmeal crust pizza and the salads. Robust, fresh flavors are characteristic. Our kids really enjoy the pasta. We also really appreciate the friendly ambience the staff creates. We consider ourselves food snobs and are always happy to have a chance to go to Zelo's.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Something a lil different. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I'm a huge pizza fan. Also have worked in the biz for many years and I will tell you this place is great.
Cornbread crust is great. Caramelized onions delicious.
The pies are a lil like pan style. So you die hard new York style probably will turn your nose to it.
But give it a try. When I'm back in town I will come back.

Monrovia, California
“Zelo Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

When on long drives, I play a little game to stay awake. See a word that starts with an A. Then a B..... Z's are difficult to find, but luckily Zelo's is less than 2 miles from my home. It's more than the word that finishes my silly car came, it's the best pizza around!

When we first moved to the San Gabriel Valley in late 2003, we'd drive by Zelo's. Soon some new friends brought a pizza and salad over for dinner, we contributed the wine.

Our friends brought Zelo fresh corn pizza, with balsamic marinated roasted red onions, mozzarella, smoked mozzarella, and fresh chives on top of a thick corn meal crust. And a beet salad - with roasted beets, walnuts, blue cheese, balsamic shallot viniagrette.

It was an amazing meal. We've only eaten in the restaurant once in all these years. We pick up a half baked on the way home usually. 500 degrees, 15 minutes later, a great meal to go with some nice red wine from our cellar (really just a couple wine storage refrigerators, with 7 wine club offerings inside)

We usually get a half-baked pizza (half $11, whole $21) and almost always get the fresh corn pizza - that's our favorite! It is amazing. One or two pieces is plenty, especially with a salad, like the beet salad or what ever is in the fridge. the crust is amazing - like a shortbread made partly with corn meal. It makes great leftovers, warmed in the toaster oven until the cheese melts.

The potato pancetta pizza is also great. Looking at the menu right now makes me want to try something different, but it's hard to tear ourselves away from the corn pizza, still perfect after nearly ten years! Highly recommend Zelo, it's right on Foothill Blvd in Arcadia.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Holy Cow! This is good pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Right to the point. This is one of the very best pizzas I have ever had. I ate the Corn pizza and a 4 cheese pizza with sausage on top. Both were outrageously good. The crust is made with cornmeal which gives it a uniquely subtle flavor and creates a crust that is crunchy on the bottom but with a little bit of "breadiness". The folks who work here really love their pizza and will talk about pizza all you like. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Zelo's pizza is a cut above most others, helped by the cornmeal crust but not only that. The Toscano really stands out. The salads work but I wouldn't go out of my way for them. But I would for the pizza. A bit pricier than I would expect.

• Visited April 2013