“Very Similar to an okay NY pizzeria”

Live From New York Pizza
Ranked #66 of 106 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I enjoyed the pepperoni slice I had... Nice and greasy (needed 5 or 6 napkins to soak it up!) just like NY. The sauce was good as was the crust, though I would have liked it just slightly less crispy. The atmosphere was also similar to a NY pizzeria... not much to it, just god pizza and fast service.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

With all due respect to the other reviewers, you either went to a different pizza place, you are suffering from temporary insanity, or you just haven't had any decent pizza prior to coming here. This is clearly terrible, not New York style pizza. Our delivered pizza consisted of stale toppings on top of plastic cheese on top of a crust that was so freezer burned that you needed bite down hard and gnaw at it in order to get a bite. I have nothing good to say about it. To add insult to injury we had to pay $26 bucks for miserable experience. That would be expensive for pizza in any city (and I just moved here from the one most expensive cities: SF), but out in the middle of the redwoods you wouldn't expect to pay a fortune for what is essentially cheese on bread dough. Stay clear of this place unless you like to pay a lot for bad food.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Reviews told me this was the best pizza in the county. I disagree. This pizza is high up on my list of best pizza ever, anywhere. The pizza here is truly outstanding. The crust is thin, but still has a crunchy bottom and a homemade bread texture and taste. The sauces are obviously freshly made with good quality ingredients, and the toppings are inventive and ample. They sell a good variety by the slice - I think there were10 choices - and do an excellent job of heating them while maintaining a quality crust. The slices are huge, but we each ordered two slices so we could have a greater variety of taste sensations. They are a great value for the money. The atmosphere is pretty sparse, but I sure wish I lived close enough to visit every time I get a yen for pizza! I'm going to have to take a break from my usual pizza joint, because it will fade by comparison.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had the Pepperoni Special, and it came with tons of garlic and basil and tasted great. Think crust, good sauce, plenty of cheese. We got it to go and it was ready in about 15 minutes.

Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

I am from NY, making me pretty picky when it comes to pizza, but I was thoroughly impressed. I enjoyed the Brooklyn pie, it was a hit with the whole family !