“Main Ingredients: Passion, Inventiveness & Soul”
Review of The Other Place - CLOSED

The Other Place
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My girlfriend took me to The Other Place for a birthday dinner tonight. I took 2 steps out the door and could not wait to write my first ever restaurant review! I'm a chef and have tasted many fantastic meals, but the food, service and atmosphere this evening left me absolutely stunned and amazed. The atmosphere was a fun and welcoming package wrapped in artsy and classy. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, hospitable and made us laugh all evening. But the FOOD!!!! The food was crafted with the highest level of thought, passion and creativity. In every perfect bite I tasted rich and balanced flavors of local and organic ingredients infused with love. The dishes felt homey and rustic while showing the chef's inventiveness and master of craft. I will definitely be back and recommending to lots of friends, coworkers and locals.

2  Thank Jeff_the_Chef7

Reviewed 20 March 2014

From the
moment I arrived, I was delighted. The atmosphere is like no other, elegance combined with welcoming comfort. The service outstanding, thoughtful, and friendly. The food! The food, I will never forget. Each item unique. Perfect balances of flavors that repeatedly complement each other. It is a place of true love and passion for what they do... I'm just glad they want to share it with people. What a wonderful place! I'll be looking forward to our next encounter there with their fantastic menu and awesome
staff!

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and wait staff are very inviting. The menu is sourced with local produce, meats, and fish. Friendly and knowledgeable staff made exploring rhe interesting menu choices fun. Wonderful presentation and layered taste treats. The lamb, salmon, and pork were excellent

1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 19 August 2013

In this little town a French Culinary Institute trained chef has brought big city dinning to a small college town. Dinner for 2 with wine, $172.00. Worth every penny. Here is excellent preparation and presentation. A great resource for the chef is the exceptional fresh vegetables locally grown. Do not miss this spot.

2  Thank JimM0ran
Reviewed 18 May 2013

priced significantly higher than the best restos in the area, not nearly as good. go to Folie Douce and pay less for much better food. this is probably not in the top 5 in Arcata, but it's easily #1 in price.