“Super Clean Very Comfortable Wonderful Friendly Staff”

Best Western Arcata Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Arcata
lompoc
“Super Clean Very Comfortable Wonderful Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We recently stayed 2 nights with our 2 year old and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The price was right, rooms very very clean and updated with little touches, (like clean tv remote and double sheeted bed and lots of thick towels) that will certainly bring me back! The front desk staff were very nice and helpful at all times. The pool was so nice being half inside and half outside. Lots of lush green grass for our little one to run around and beautiful flowers. Close to everything and a very quiet room, even though we were in the back near the freeway. The beds were the best and wanted to take the pillows home with me. All the free cookies at the front desk were such a treat for our 2 year old, not to mention the great coffee. Thank you. I highly recommend this Best Western.

1 Thank lcc185

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I can't believe this hotel is not a Best Western Plus, while the one in Eureka near the Bayshore Mall is. While the Arcata Inn may not look like much from the street, the reception staff is so kind and professional and the rooms are VERY surprising. I felt like I was in a luxury hotel. They have done wonderful things with an older property. I stayed here twice, once in a whirlpool suite and once in a room with two queens. They were both thoughtfully appointed with toiletries and towels in the areas you might need them, rather than what would be most convenient for housekeeping. I wish I had chosen to stay here my whole trip; very disappointed with the Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn (Eureka).

1 Thank mamayogini
Elk Grove, California, Usa
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay - our room was clean, quiet, and the staff was friendly. We especially appreciated that it's dog-friendly! Many retired people like ourselves are now traveling with a dog. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We chose this property to stay at because we saw it last year after staying at the Best Western in Eureka on our way to see the Coastal Redwoods.While this property is not as new as the one in Eureka, the location is so much better.It is quiet and located across from a small shopping center that has a Dollar Tree, Carl's Jr., Subway and Round Table Pizza. There is a McDonald's almost next door.

They have a continental breakfast,indoor pool and they have souvenirs for purchase at the front desk that are the same price that we saw at the visitor centers at the Redwood Parks.

The BEST thing to see in Arcata is the Arcata Community Forest. It is a 600 acre forest of redwood trees with many walking trails. It is located behind Humboldt State University. We couldn't believe that Arcata had it's own redwood forest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Default33009
Lodi, Ca
Reviewed 4 June 2013

While the buildings were a bit dated, they were well maintained, freshly painted and the room was refreshed, clean and QUIET! At check in, the two young men greeted me and were friendly. One of the two BEST reasons why I would stay here again, was that it was VERY pet friendly! At check in, treats and pet bags were provided and my room was next to the pet yard with additional potty bags. After a day of travel, my young german shepard was able to burn off some energy because the large partially fenced grass was cut and cleaned up. The second reason I'd stay again was that my room had a recliner! It felt just like being at home while watching an evening of TV. I was told at check out that unfortunately not all rooms had one. Thank you for a pleasant experience. When in the area, I will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank MIke L
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and the grounds well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a great value. We spent quite a bit of time in the Redwood State and National Forests which was a bit of a drive but well worth it. Thank you for a pleasant experience. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I booked a last minute, two night stay after looking at multiple hotels, B&Bs and motels in the Arcata/Eureka area. Many were booked and those that remained had mixed reviews. This Best Western was 50 dollars cheaper than the Hamilton Suites across the street and looked much nicer than the motel next door. The staff was extremely pleasant and welcoming. The room was a bit larger than what you would reasonably expect for this style motel. There was a microwave in addition to the mini fridge.

The complimentary breakfast was the usual fare - bagels, fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal, coffee - with the surprising addition of a waffle maker. Across the street there is a small shopping center with a supermarket for any other needs you might have.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcata
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Comfort Inn Arcata - Humboldt Area
Days Inn & Suites Arcata
Hotel Arcata
Hotel Arcata
#5 of 10 in Arcata

Been to Best Western Arcata Inn? Share your experiences!