“Budget friendly -- for a reason.”
Review of Ramada Arcata

Ramada Arcata
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Arcata
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is an older property giving an effort at overhaul. Great location. Several newer amenities in the room: hairdryer, wifi, coffee pot, fridge and microwave. However the linens were very worn and the mattresses were old and very flat. The bathroom had beautiful tile, but there was a very large infestation of mold around the tub which had been painted over (always unsuccessful) giving it a nasty, unclean feel. Staff were very polite and courteous, however we were harrassed repeatedly by a "homeless" person at the rear entrance. If you can tolerate well-used and "vintage" with limited cleaning, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Try for the first floor rooms; there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this hotel because I needed some where inexpensive to stay in a safe area while traveling alone. I had very low expectations of the hotel before arrival and was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The front desk clerks were extremely friendly and courteous. I had a few issues with my room key demagnetizing and unlike other places I have stayed when this happens, they were apologetic and quick to fix the issue without placing blame on me for the issue. The room was clean and I am pretty finicky when it comes to this area. I have slept in my clothes with a hoodie pulled up over my head and shoes on at a different establishment because I did not want my skin touching anything of theirs. Quality Inn Arcata was the furthest from this. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were even soft. And they weren't the tissue paper towels you get at some of your lesser expensive places. The sheets were soft and clean. And the internet service was excellent. I usually find hotel internet to be extremely slow but this was an exception. The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch with a variety of items to choose from whether you were super hungry or just needed something to get you going. I was on the first floor and was concerned at first that I would hear tons of noise but was pleasantly surprised to not hear much of anything even though I know I had neighbors. The only noise was a bit from upstairs in the morning but that was it. I did not use the pool or hot tub but did notice guests using them the nights that I stayed. I will definitely keep this as a go to when I need an inexpensive and functional yet homey place to stay when traveling to the Eureka/Arcata/Trinidad area. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality to the staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here on a recent motorcycle trip and it was nice. The location is right off highway 101 not far from the junction with 299. The room was big, bed was comfortable and the desk guy was very helpful. The breakfast was good and the wifi worked well. I would stay here again if in the area, its not fancy but comfortable and reasonable priced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DAVID B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I wouldn't recommend a stay here. You should try a different Choice Hotel in the next town (Eureka). The bed was rock-hard and lumpy (I was better off sleeping on the floor or in my car). The walls were thin and the hallway doors were loud, I felt as though I was in a dorm room. Also, I was placed on the first floor, and I could hear walking above me for several hours and drawers closing. The wall unit did not drown out the noises (ironically, it happened to be a super quiet heater). The last straw was the super slow Internet. I had work to do and was forced to check-out early in search of a Starbucks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honestrealreviews
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Business trip, looking for something affordable to pass on to clients. This place was it. Room was clean, linens and bath was clean. Some nice upgrades some cheap upgrades. Furnishings were nice, beadboard and over lap in hallways was shoddy work but at least effort is shone in attempting to give a facelist. Service wa friendly, checkin and checkout. Dellar was a sweetheart! Breakfast was typical but adequate. Would stay again and recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time staying here, and used reviews of this property in making my choice. Overall, had a very good experience, and found the Quality Inn Arcata to be quite a value. Found the staff very friendly and helpful. Upon check in, I inquired about dining, as was given several recommendations, including one which offered the hotel guests a dining discount. Checkout was equally efficient and friendly. Had forgotten something in the room, and was given back the room key and told that to save myself time, I could leave the key in the room. Made use of the Jacuzzi, which was a welcome respite after a long day of walking. Wi-fi was very reliable, a must for business people and teens hooked on social media and Netflix. Breakfast was just perfect for myself, my husband and my teen daughter - a little something for everyone! While this is a pet friendly hotel, I did not notice that the property and room was very tidy with no indication of a animal having been there. Our pet, a small lap dog who travels in her pet carrier, was also very happy

Room Tip: Not a huge property. Breakfast room and pool/Jacuzzi are all nearby regardless of room choice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation requesting nonsmoking first floor room and arrived to find completely opposite. After waiting 20 minutes for change to be made things became worse in room. Found no towels-went to desk and waited 15 minutes for desk clerk to come back. Gave up and called and was told she would find towels and bring them in fifteen. No towels ever arrived. Gave up. Got into bed and was jumped in by a FLEA in a non pet room. Washed off with washcloth and tried to sleep in bed with bottom sheet that kept coming off mattress. Have I mentioned that the "pillows" are decorative sofa size, not real pillows? DISASTER. Told front desk these things in morning. They could have cared less.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank phoebe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcata
Comfort Inn Arcata - Humboldt Area
Days Inn & Suites Arcata
View Crest Lodge
View Crest Lodge
#1 of 4 in Trinidad
Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn

Been to Ramada Arcata? Share your experiences!