“My oh my!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When researching Arnold CA....every review mentioned Sarafinas Italian Restaurant. I made reservations weeks in advance..and so so glad I did. Wow..what is these fine Italian Restaurant doing in this teeny little town.It could be in the heart of Manhattan. Family owned and proud of it the menu is amazing and food speaks for itself. Presentation so pretty and the homemade pasta and the sauces..OMG. Our sever was Antoinette..an actual family member ..and everything was wonderful and delicious and I can not say enough. Try the Alfredo and shrimp pasta..I never order Alfredo in a restaurant... It's always heavy and awful...but after our friends had it and I tasted it..we had to go back a second night so I could order it. Try it..you will not be disappointed. Almost worth the two day trip from Phoenix for dinner!

1  Thank Barbara4797

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Very good food, kudos to the kitchen, but not to leave out the service which was excellent as well. If you are looking for better than the average restaurant you must try this establishment. Reservations highly recommended.

1  Thank Glenn W
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Excellent meal. A little pricey for the area. Lots of ala carte. I asked if the white wine sauce had capers in it and the waitress said sure. Then I was charged $.75 to throw a few capers into the sauce as they were not in the sauce originally! A little noisy and close quarters but not unacceptable. Overall rating: 4 out of 5.

1  Thank Cheryl P
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a very popular place. Make sure you have a reservation.
I had what was without a doubt, the best Fried Calamari I have ever had!
I had the worst Tortellini I have ever had! It Was drowning in a thick tomato sauce that tasted like it was poured out of a can.
Guess I ordered the wrong thing as the other three enjoyed their meals, of fish and veal.
I think the service was a little off for us as well. We had to assist in clearing the salad plates so the main course could be put on the table.
We will give it another try, it can not be that crowded and not be better than my experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Sarafina's serves high-quality Italian food at very reasonable prices. Because of that, reservations are a must.Three of us ate here on a crowded Sunday night. Fortunately, the quality of the food more than compensated for the high level of noise. We started with excellent fried calamari, then sampled the scampi Mediterranean pasta, chicken Marsala, and pasta alla Norma, which featured exceptionally tender eggplant. The house wine complemented the entrees nicely. Portions were large enough that we enjoyed the three entrees for dinner the next night as well. All in all, a terrific restaurant in Arnold.