“Great food and service”
Review of Simply Delicious - CLOSED

Simply Delicious
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friends and I ate breakfast at Simply Delicious every morning during our 3 day stay in Arnold. The waitress was very sweet and friendly, and the food was well priced and delicious. A great little restaurant in a little mountain town.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

OK, so Arnold is in the middle of nowhere (to an Englishman at least) and when you need lunch you need lunch...

This place was right on the highway so we decided to give it a go. We had a salad and sandwich (lady, salad, chap, sandwich). Both were excellent, very good value, and very good portion sizes.

I took the onion ring option with my sandwich and they were home made (these usually come out of a freezer in the UK). There was so much on my plate my wife felt compelled to assist me with the consumption of the onion rings (she's good at helping out like that).

We really enjoyed our lunch and would stop there again if ever in the area (unlikely but you never know...)

Thanks

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stopped for breakfast, seated (no silverware on the table), and menus very slow in appearing - another couple had to finally ASK for menus. Ordered a three egg omelet and it was awful - very small, chunks of sausage and bacon, big chunks, and globs of cheddar on top. Seriously, I've never been served an omelet that unattractive or poorly prepared. Service was slow and a bit frantic. Try anyplace else on your way up the hill.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

PROS: This restaurant has really hit its stride with both service and cuisine. The meals are consistently excellent and they have some new servers who are freindly and attentive. There's a new chef who's putting out some gourmet dinners, and this is the only restaurant on Highway 4 that has a full bar.

CONS: If you're in a real hurry, go elsewhere. I guess excellence takes a little longer.

Bob D.
Arnold, CA

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We ended our summer family cabin rental in nearby Lakemont Pines with a breakfast at Simply Delicious. What a mistake. The restaurant was only one-third full on a Wednesday morning in August. The waitress took forever just to bring us our coffee. She took our orders and then we waited....we waited....we waited for 55 minutes. My husband decided to leave, which is when they proceeded to bring us our breakfast, one dish at a time. My pancakes were white, not the normal golden brown. I asked for syrup and the waitress (late 30's early 40's) said, "You mean you don't think that is enough syrup for you?" How rude. I told her I never waited so long to be served in all my life. She then said, "Why don't you leave then." We all darted for the front door without even eating our food. The waitress then said, "Go ahead and leave and never come back." I told her how rude she was and how poor the service was and she said not to patronize and belittle her. Wow! Stay clear of this place. My husband and son thought the waitress was on drugs. I think she must have ties to the owner, because no one in their right mind would hire a waitress with this attitude.
I wish this restaurant would SIMPLY DISAPPEAR.