“Quiet and Friendly, Cozy and Welcoming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arnold
Arnold Black Bear Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Arnold B&B and Inns
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Quiet and Friendly, Cozy and Welcoming”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Beautiful, nice and comfortable. Would love to come back again sometime, spend more time. Pity, we had to leave early and had a very short stay. We would love to walk around, to see the surrounding forest and all attractions. Will plan for that in the future. My best to Wendi and Bruce!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I first stayed at the Black Bear Inn in early 2013. We were in Arnold looking for a cabin to buy. WOW! We couldn't have been happier with our choice! I knew it was going to be good when I exchanged a few emails with Wendi and Bruce (the owners and innkeepers) before our stay. They gave us lots of great restaurant suggestions. When we checked in our jaws dropped looking at the inn's great room. STUNNING ceilings. Beautiful furniture. Late afternoon wine and cheese, with nice local wines. The rooms are just as beautiful as the great room. COMFY beds. Pillows galore. And the best part: Bruce's French Toast breakfast is da-BOMB!

My wife and I ended up finding and buying our cabin, which led me to make 3 more visits over the next two months. Every time I stayed with Wendi and Bruce. They made me feel so at home it was wonderful. We can't wait to have them over to our place so that we can serve THEM wine & cheese.

You won't go wrong staying here. Its amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ipswich
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Wonderful location, excellent facilities everything you need for a complete chill out. Breakfast was fantastic, all in all perfect Inn in a perfect place. Thanks to Wendi and Bruce for their attention to detail

Livermore, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I decided that a great place to celebrate my "39"th birthday was in the mountains, at the Black Bear Inn. Everything Bruce and Wendi do is "perfection"...which you notice as you approach the property, to the each unique room, the friendly owners and the FOOD...it's ALL gourmet, made and served with LOVE....each creative dish is prepared to perfection and served with a beautiful presentation and attention to detail..the gourmet breakfasts are included, and if you so choose (for extra $) Chef Bruce will prepare a delicious dinner....we chose the Salmon BBQ'd on a cedar plank,
This was our 3rd trip to the inn and we always feel like we're visiting family. We've stayed in a lot of inns through out the years and this by far is our very FAVORITE !!! I love the mountains and I love Arnold, and I love EVERYTHING about the inn..... Bruce and Wendi the owners, are a perfect team !!
I look forward to returning in the Fall...I've seen pictures of how beautiful the grounds are with all the colors of Fall

Room Tip: Each room is unique and beautiful. This trip we tried the Calaveras Room and I think we like it bes...
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The inn, gardens and bedrooms are impeccable and beautiful. The husband and wife owners are charming, helpful and not too intrusive.
We stayed here one night and it was the perfect spot to stop on our road trip from San Francisco across the scenic Ebbetts Pass.
Highly recommend it and hopefully we will return one day!

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our 4th stay at the Black Bear Inn. Outstanding... Best B&B ever We would recommend staying here to everyone. We always have a wonderful time and Wendi and Bruce really know how to make your stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Our favorite is the Calaveras but all the rooms are lovely.
Oakland, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Black Bear Inn is a wonderful B&B to experience by staying there. Wendy & Bruce are always welcoming and take care of anything needed to make your stay the most pleasant as possible. Also, the breakfast each am is outstanding + the afternoon wine & cheese is too !!! If you ever get a chance to stay there - please do - you will then have a wonderful memories as my husband and I do after several stays :)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the grounds are quieter than the rooms facing the patio but all are great rooms dependi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Mountain Retreat Resort
#1 of 4 in Murphys
Timberline Lodge
Timberline Lodge
#2 of 2 in Arnold

Been to Arnold Black Bear Inn? Share your experiences!