“Good, clean hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Modesto, United States
“Good, clean hotel”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is hotel has never let me down. I stay there at least once a month. The rooms are clean, smell fresh and I am very satisfied most of the time. My last trip, the hotel was a little noisy first thing in the morning. My room seemed as if it was near the kitchen.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rachel P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. We are happy to serve you each month. I apologize your room placement was different than your normal liking. For future stays, please indicate your room preferences in "guest requests" and that way we can do our best to accommodate these preferences. Thank you for remaining a loyal Hampton traveler.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I've never been to a Hampton Inn before, and I must say I was pleasantly suprised.

Everything was very nice - the lobby, guest rooms and other common areas.

The staff was also super helpful. I had come into town for the Central Coast Classique bike ride and they were able to arrange for me to check out a little bit later than usual so I would have a chance to take a shower after the ride and before I headed back home. They also didn't give me any issues when I brought my bike into the room so it wouldn't get stolen.

Another plus was the Panera in the parking lot which gave my teacher boyfriend (who had a bunch of lesson planning to do) a place to sit and get a bunch of work done while I rode loops on the coast.

I will definitely be back next year - hopefully for the longer ride :)

P.S. I'm not sure what the previous reviewer is saying about the water. I filled both of my bike bottles up with tap before leaving on my ride and drank a whole bunch when I got back and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: 1st floor didn't have the best view (some weird stone thing), but I'm not sure if you can do...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rachel P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that your first experience at a Hampton Inn was a pleasant one! We are certainly spoiled with the Panera Bread right in our parking lot. Thank you again for the kind review and we look forward to your next visit.

Fresno, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Everything was lovely about the hotel...until I drank the water in the room. Not only did it smell bad, it tasted like dirt. I couldn't even stand brushing my teeth with it. The only solution they were willing to offer me was to have me buy water at their snack store downstairs. Trust me, I won't be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rachel P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. This is the first time I have heard about a water issue in the rooms. I will definitely look into this and talk to the City of Arroyo Grande, who supplies our water.

Brentwood, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Hampton in is in a great central location. We were within close driving range to the beach.The staff was very helpful and recommended some great places to eat. The room was clean and comfortable. We would recommend this place to our friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rachel P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for the recommendation of our hotel! I hope our central location made it easy to enjoy the beach and many of the great restaurants the Central Coast has to offer. We look forward to your return.

Castro Valley, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Clean rooms, fitness center, and pool area. Poor quality of food for breakfast; also infrequent replenishment of fruit and fresh coffee. You're better off going to Panera next door for breakfast. Still a good overall value given the location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rachel P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our clean property. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our complimentary breakfast. We are always striving to improve in this area. I will be communicating with our staff the importance of the fresh offerings and constant refreshing of coffee. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Petaluma, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a good hotel for the overnight traveler, like me It is close to good restaurants and is easily reached from the highway. It was quiet and comfortable. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Mary M
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. Our location is great because we are right off the highway and within walking distance to many great restaurants. We look forward to your return.

San Francisco
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Let me clear up some of the other reviews (both good and bad). This is very nice Hampton Inn - it is NOT a full service Hilton with restaurant, bar and room service. It is an excellent representation of Hampton - very clean, very friendly, nice gym, nice free breakfast in morning. I thought the bed was super comfortable. I did jump in the pool and hot tub and they are fine - nothing resort-like, but if you want a dip, they offer nice patio furniture and towels.
It is NOT near the beach - you will need to drive a few freeway exits to get to one of the beaches (Avila or Pismo) in the area. There isn't much around this off-freeway hotel that you can get to without driving. I stayed for business and it was fine. I could see stopping in for a night while on the road or if you are exploring the area and just want a clean, comfortable, affordable location with free parking that you can use as a home base.
There is a bit of a view off the lobby, but you aren't going to sit there and read a book and relax looking at the Pacific - it is a peek-a-boo view, so don't expect a hilltop view hotel - although it is kind of up on a hill.
Overall, this is a good deal and a warm, inviting property - you just need to know what to expect. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor (lobbby is on 3rd - elevators go down to rooms) it was VERY noisy as I was un...
1 Thank winegirlSanFrancisco
Rachel P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are within walking distance to a few restaurants and about 5-10 minutes away from the beach, depending on if traveling to Pismo Beach or Avila. We are not a full service hotel, however, we do have a suite shop in the lobby with various beverages and snacks that are available 24 hours a day.
We look forward to you stopping in again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arroyo Grande
Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#11 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area? Share your experiences!