“Waterpark?”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Waterpark?”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Two slides and a kiddie pool does not constitute a waterpark. Not one that charges $20.00 for adults and $18.00 for 'big kids' (all kids over 42" tall). The kiddie pool is truly a kids pool. It has a couple of smaller slides for the tots, but is shallow all over (about 3' all over). The steps to get in and out are steep, and I watched kids slip and fall onto their knees trying to get out all day long.
The two slides are...well for no other word, a bit dangerous. One is like a bowl, and slams your neck so hard as you come down on it, many patrons came off of it holding their necks. They DO tell you to hold your chin down, but when your neck bounces really hard, holding your chin in does not totally protect you. The other slide is a bit more like a normal water slide, but due to the rough bottom, you have to ride down on a mat. The mat easily slips around, turning the rider sideways and backwards as you ride down the slide. My 7 yr. old was plenty tall and big for the slide (and to pay the $18.00 'big kid' price), but his mat turned him sidewards in the slide and his head was slammed into the side of the slide, causing a very big (about 2" diameter) knot on his forehead. You kind of get the feeling this place has a lot of injuries and unsatisfied customers, because they have a sign out front warning you that you can ask for a refund, but you won't get one. And of course, other signs warning that riding the slides is dangerous, and injuries are the patrons responsibility. I am OK with that if the situation on their slides did not set you up for injuries in the first place. My kids just sort of had fun, but avoided the large slides after each got hurt on them. It was a lot of money to pay to sit around a kiddie pool.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Cynthia C

san carlos, ca
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Small, but fun!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This place needs a serious make over, but the kids had a blast! Two bigger slides and one CRAZY slide and a kiddie pool is all it has.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank owen007
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not Worth Your Time Or money”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

PleaseDont WasteYour Money For A Small KiddE Pool Aand Slide.. We Paid $46 Just To Sun Tan All Day..Oh And It Cost$10 To park

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jellybean6921
San Luis Obispo, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Family outing”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

the kids had a great time and enjoyed the fast rides and safty. The staff was great and kept thing s going making sure everyone was following the rules and staying in line!

Visited July 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Uggggh!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

So our family lives close to this waterpark and we first enjoyed it last summer. This park is old. It has two slides, a huge drop sort of contraption that slides you back and forth, and a kiddie area. Last summer, the park was appealing to our family. They played great music. It was sunny and warm. The park wasn't too crowded and the adirondack chairs were a great place to relax. This memorial day was such a disappointment. The pools looked murky. The grounds could use a once over and the snack bar, well, we will get to that later. The owner on the other hand is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. He's very friendly, outgoing, and makes an effort to greet all of his customers while they are enjoying the park. I could overlook the grounds and even the murky water. Water parks aren't pristine places, I get it! What bothered me on memorial day is a small child not in our party had bleeding toes. Injuries that her mom stated she sustained from her shoes. Seeing that the mom was overwhelmed with her daughters emotions, I excused myself and went to find this family a bandage. I walked over to the snack bar (which is the only building on site, except for the ticket booth) and asked for a bandage. The snack bar host shouted loudly back at me that "this is the food area!" and "go ask a lifeguard!" I was shocked. I asked the nearest lifeguard for a bandage. She didn't have her "pack" and I needed to go ask the other lifeguard (who was standing in the kiddie pool). Finally after some choice words during my grumbles, I was overheard by a park employee who quickly brought me a bandage ( surprisingly, from the building where the snackbar is housed). I'm so bummed to have purchased season passes from a place that would not be quick to respond to a small first aid situation. I will probably return to try and get our moneys worth from our season passes. On that note, even if you have tickets or season passes to this park, you still have to pay $10 each time you enter Lopez Lake entrance, where the Mustang Waterpark is located.

Visited May 2013