“Nice...But...”

Best Western Casa Grande Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is a very nice property, clean and kept up. The room was clean and the bed was good. However, the pool was closed and it was the start of summer!! We were informed that it had been under construction since early spring but in the 3 days we were there they never worked on it nor were we informed it would be closed!! The breakfast was sub-par. No hot items and the hardboiled eggs were frozen!! The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful! I would have given it 5 stars if the pool had been working and the breakfast had been better!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cgreyroma10

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've stayed there many times before. They always remember that these have been business trips. I have "advance booked" my stays here, always, and this place continues to be very satisfying "business accomodations" for me - along with a good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leon1958
Reviewed 2 June 2014

most enjoyable stay, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, very helpful reception. Rooms clean. Be sure to get the address - we just had a number and had to search online for a street address. The pool was being serviced so it was not available but that was not a problem for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I thought I was staying at a nice hotel with a pool. Ended up being totally different. The pool was out of service. Didn't find that out until after I had booked the hotel. The message stated the pool would be in service at the end of May. As I was staying at the very end of May and beginning of June I thought I could use the pool on Sunday. Once I arrived I found out the pool was now closed thru June too. Room was clean. Pillows were hard and uncomfortable. The bed was comfy. The TV remote was a joke. You had to push the channel button 4-5x to get it to work. Then 1/3 of the channels didn't work. My shower door was broken. So much so that I flooded the bathroom floor with water from my showers. Also I thought I had booked 2 nights stay and found out at check-in only 1 night was booked. Luckily they had a room available for the 2nd day. The bad part was I had to re-check in for the 2nd day. As their computer wouldn't allow them to check me in for both nights. I was told check out was at 11am and I would need to re-check in before that time. I had the cleaning person wake me up at 9am asking if I wanted the room cleaned. No, I wanted to sleep in! Overall not a happy camper!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in Arroyo Grande on Oak Park Blvd. If your not careful you will drive right by it.
It is hidden from the street except for a small sign. Close to the freeway and just 5 minutes from Pismo Beach. Rooms are clean and the price is right compared with other Best Westerns in the Pismo area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have never been disappointed. Great front desk staff, ALWAYS helpful!!! The rooms are clean, never have a problem in dirt or left over things of any kind from previous customers. Only issue was that pool/pool area was being remodeled and was disappointed we couldn't use it. There is always the next stay, right?!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

pros:
low PET fee
make sure you note that you will be bringing your pet on your reservation. some best westerns just say to tell the front desk at check-in. this one said to make sure to let them know beforehand. we hadn't done that and there was a problem getting a pet room. however, the lady at the front desk was really nice and got us a room.
nice dog run area - spacious and very clean
room was large and had a nice square table with enough room for 2 people to eat on
room also had a walk in shower - i prefer those over bath tubs
beds were clean and comfortable

cons:
furnishings were dark and somewhat dated
had a tough time playing with the air conditoning - room would get cold, then hot, then stuffy, etc. so room temperature was not consistent at all
air conditioning unit was LOUD, but at least it did drown out noise from the outside
complimentary breakfast was only so-so. it wasn't bad, but there was nothing that was very good or tasty either. if you are interested in a filling, good breakfast, you would have to go out to a restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arroyo Grande
#6 of 29 in Pismo Beach
The Inn at the Cove
The Inn at the Cove
#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Best Western Casa Grande Inn? Share your experiences!