I made reservations two weeks in advance and upon arrival at about 6:00 pm we checked in and went to our room. The room had not been serviced at all! The bed was unmade; there was trash and towels on the floor. We went back to the office and the young man at the desk assigned us another room right next to the office. There was NO apology offered, just a new set of keys. The new room was clean and looked much like the pictures on Trip Advisor. However, the patio door led to a fence with a freeway view along with the noise. With the door closed the traffic noise was not too bad, but it would have been nice to enjoy some fresh air without having the freeway noise.
Being next to the office, the next morning there was quite a bit of noise from other guests going back and forth for the "continental breakfast" which consisted of tiny muffins, coffee, juice and cold cereal. We opted for breakfast out. We put out the maid service sign and headed out. We returned after 1:00 in the afternoon and the room had not been serviced. The towels had been removed, so I knew someone had been in the room, but the bed was not made and the trash cans were still full. I set the trash cans outside the door in hopes someone would come by and empty them. Since we were right next to the office it seemed logical that someone that worked there would notice them. About an hour later still no towels or anyone coming to see if we would like our room refreshed, so I went to the office to ask for towels. The young man was busy checking in guests, so I went to look for anyone else that looked like they worked there. I found a young girl and asked if she worked there, she said she did so I asked for a clean set of towels. She brought towels, but did not offer to empty the trash or ask about our room. The maid service sign was STILL hanging on the door! We found the dumpster ourselves and emptied the trash. Around 4:00 someone finally came to the door to ask if we still needed towels, lol.
About the Room: The bed was comfy and the room had been nicely remodeled, but there was a lot of furniture and most of it was too large for the space, so it was very crowded. Also, the faucet in the shower was reversed, so I had to turn it on cold to get hot water.
This seems to be a family run motel that could use either more experience in running a motel/hotel or should hire someone that does know how to run a motel/hotel. It also would have been nice to be offered an upgrade or discount on a future stay to compensate for our inconvenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of the Aloha Inn are invited to enjoy many amenities, including a complimentary continental breakfast, free local calls and in-room coffee. Relax and enjoy the warm summer sun and cool ocean breezes by our seasonal outdoor pool.Business travelers will appreciate modern conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and access to fax services.The Aloha Inn features comfortably furnished, spacious guest rooms equipped with patios or balconies, refrigerators, microwaves, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers and cable television. In addition to standard rooms, handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms are available.From the friendly customer service to the tranquil accommodations, you’re reminded in every detail that the essence of aloha lives here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Aloha Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Hotel Arroyo Grande
- Aloha Motel Arroyo Grande