“Excellent (home town" cafe”
Review of C J's Cafe

C J's Cafe
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nipomo
“Excellent (home town" cafe”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have eaten at CJ's for 20 years (under several ownerships).
The food is consistently good with generous portions.
What is especially commendable is the friendly and competent staff.
It is nice to have coffee waiting at the table before I even get past the cash register. Now that is service! (And no problem getting flavored creamers!)
All-in-all, a delightful place to dine.

• Visited June 2013

Camarillo, CA
“Good breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Close to our hotel, very friendly and good food. Corned beef hash was from a can so I didn't try that. (still in search of the best corned beef hash!) The cinnamon swirl french toast was delicious! Warm syrup. WAY too much butter on the side and also on the toast, (which was barely toasted) All in all, good place for breakfast. Friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
Chino
“The Quintessential Diner”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Wow...I feel sort of silly waxing lyrical about biscuits and gravy, but heck when it's good, there's nothing better for breakfast. And boy, was it GOOD! But I'm getting ahead of myself. When we approached CJ's it was evident that this is a poular place, as it was packed. There were two booths open (it's a pretty big place) and we were seated promptly. A young man took our drink order immediately, and our waitress checked in a couple of minutes later. She was very professional and friendly providing excellent service during our entire meal.

My mom ordered the vegetarian omelet. It was light and fluffy, and the vegees were cooked well. She chose the hash browns (delicious) and sour dough toast. Dad ordered his go-to fare, hotcakes. They were huge, cooked just the way he asked (a little darker), and the bacon and eggs were perfect. I went with one of CJ's signature breakfasts, 2 biscuits (they are large), sausage gravy, 2 eggs, and 2 slices of bacon. The biscuits were very good, and the gravy had a homemade flavor. The bacon was thick cut and cooked just the way I prefer, not too crisp yet not underdone. Eggs were ordered over medium and were spot on. Okay...my meal was $5.25! Are you kidding me?? Yes, we added this to our list of favorite places to eat when in Arroyo Grande, and yes, you should too!

• Visited April 2013
Boulder City, Nevada
“Nostalgia”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Great for breakfast on your way out of town just before the 101. Has a definite fifties feel which I love. Food and portions are good as well as the coffee. Recently remodeled. Just feels so comfortable.

Visited March 2012
“Very slow service on a Sat night.”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We wanted a nice, quick meal before going to the Clark Center. We waited for at least 15 min for our order to be taken. Another party left because they couldn't wait any longer. They obviously were understaffed for a Sat night. Food was ok but nothing special.